Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Question How much boost with a stock s/c wheel?

Please post exactly how much boost have you seen with a "STOCK" Supercharger wheel and what were the rpms also? Thanks for the post. Tommy Jordan

+1
    running stock wheel
    stock intercooler
    i will give you 2 readings the max on the log file (most likely an unhook) and a point in the middle of a run (true representaition)
    stock intercooler
    7.5 pounds 8213 revs 8.6 pounds 8912 revs
    8.0 pounds 8256 revs 8.7 pounds 8575 revs

watson intercooler
    8.7 pounds 8342 revs 10.8 pounds 8992 revs
    9.2 pounds 8436 revs 10.7 pounds 8954 revs

hope that helps, looks like just over 1 pound boost increase with the watson intercooler

kev
    Last edited by fx160; 12-26-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added beter info

+1
    Don't forget to subtract the resting pressure read by the motec. Around the 14.4 to 14,6 psi mark. You'll see it when the motor is off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Don't forget to subtract the resting pressure read by the motec. Around the 14.4 to 14,6 psi mark. You'll see it when the motor is off.
    Thanks Dean wasn't sure how it was done so just put in the log numbers
    but just had another look and the resting pressure seems to be about 14.8
    so i will adjust above figures

kev

+1
    No worries Kev, just use the offset function in the motec. And don't forget the resting pressure will change with atomspheric conditions, if you want to compare apples to apples.

And yes, anything with a wide diameter inlet and outlet will flow better then the usuals.
    That fat thing of mine gets about the same performance figures as wato's both in psi and ait's.
    There's a lot of restrictions (bottleneck) in the IC.

Sorry Tommy, went off topic. Back to you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    running stock wheel
    stock intercooler
    i will give you 2 readings the max on the log file (most likely an unhook) and a point in the middle of a run (true representaition)
    stock intercooler
    7.5 pounds 8213 revs 8.6 pounds 8912 revs
    8.0 pounds 8256 revs 8.7 pounds 8575 revs

watson intercooler
    8.7 pounds 8342 revs 10.8 pounds 8992 revs
    9.2 pounds 8436 revs 10.7 pounds 8954 revs

hope that helps, looks like just over 1 pound boost increase with the watson intercooler

kev

Something doesn't seem right. I was going to post after I read you original numbers because there would be no way that you were getting those kind of numbers on the stock wheel. This morning I see you changed the numbers, and to me, they seem low.

In sunny and hot south Florida, I am getting 6.8-7.2 at 7700, with stock intercooler depending on upon temperature and humidity and heat soak.

Found the data from last winter roughly running 82-8300 rpms, using hitman's Simon Motorsports reflashed ecu:

9.2 lbs. boost - 72.8 mph - 55 degrees air temp. -- against the current and wind.

In the afternoon it warmed up to about 70ish. After it was good and heat soaked, 8.2 lbs. of boost and ran a 73.9, with the current and wind died down. Ran the ski around to cool off the intercooler and did 8.5 lbs. of boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post

Something doesn't seem right. I was going to post after I read you original numbers because there would be no way that you were getting those kind of numbers on the stock wheel. This morning I see you changed the numbers, and to me, they seem low.

In sunny and hot south Florida, I am getting 6.8-7.2 at 7700, with stock intercooler depending on upon temperature and humidity and heat soak.

Found the data from last winter roughly running 82-8300 rpms, using hitman's Simon Motorsports reflashed ecu:

9.2 lbs. boost - 72.8 mph - 55 degrees air temp. -- against the current and wind.

In the afternoon it warmed up to about 70ish. After it was good and heat soaked, 8.2 lbs. of boost and ran a 73.9, with the current and wind died down. Ran the ski around to cool off the intercooler and did 8.5 lbs. of boost.
    i don't know what your point is
    i posted the original numbers as they appear in the log as i couldn't remember how to change the setting
    Dean posted how so i changed them to what should be fairly accurate numbers
    i am not trying to post the highest stock wheel boost , just the boost and revs that mine is with diferent intercoolers
    and by the way my low boost numbers have got my ski to 79.1 mph on gps

kev

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    i don't know what your point is
    i posted the original numbers as they appear in the log as i couldn't remember how to change the setting
    Dean posted how so i changed them to what should be fairly accurate numbers
    i am not trying to post the highest stock wheel boost , just the boost and revs that mine is with diferent intercoolers
    and by the way my low boost numbers have got my ski to 79.1 mph on gps

kev
    difference in speed could be a lot of things.

+1
    I saw similar results as Kev but with much less RPM. I never spun over 8500.

In good air I could see 8.5 pounds of boost with my stock wheel. Then I added the JD IC and picked up just over a full pound of boost. I could see as high as 9.8 pounds on my Dynotune gauge. Maybe my gauge was off, because I see a tad over 14 pounds from my C3 wheel spinning 8600-8650.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I saw similar results as Kev but with much less RPM. I never spun over 8500.

In good air I could see 8.5 pounds of boost with my stock wheel. Then I added the JD IC and picked up just over a full pound of boost. I could see as high as 9.8 pounds on my Dynotune gauge. Maybe my gauge was off, because I see a tad over 14 pounds from my C3 wheel spinning 8600-8650.
    there was little peaks of higher boost along the lines where i was going full noise
    but i chose the lower amounts as i belive they are more acurate
    and peak figures i have used may be at diferent revs as i didn't match them on the log
    i just took the max readings and presumed the boost and revs would go hand in hand

kev

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information