First time Seadoo owner

Hello to everyone in the forum. This is my first buy (Seadoo RXT 2007), although i wanted to have one years ago. The seadoo had only 27 hours (Previous owner was using it to take his kids for a ride). After testing it (everything OK) gave him the money and the next day went for a ride... Guess what! the SC ceramic washers broke!!!!! My luck or what! Fortunately the previous owner accepted to pay for the damage so i decided to fully rebuild the SC. Thank god, nothing else needed to be replaced since only one ceramic washer broke and the ski only runned about 1-2 minutes in this situation. A friend of mine checked it and said that nothing else needed to be changed (He is a mad man.. in process of buying and building a full carbon-cevlar seadoo rxp hull and body). I am a little short in money right know but before summer i am planning for some mods in order to reach 280 hp, I believe this is the point where performance and reliability perfectly balance.
    Very nice forum, full of info!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma rxt View Post
    Hello to everyone in the forum. This is my first buy (Seadoo RXT 2007), although i wanted to have one years ago. The seadoo had only 27 hours (Previous owner was using it to take his kids for a ride). After testing it (everything OK) gave him the money and the next day went for a ride... Guess what! the SC ceramic washers broke!!!!! My luck or what! Fortunately the previous owner accepted to pay for the damage so i decided to fully rebuild the SC. Thank god, nothing else needed to be replaced since only one ceramic washer broke and the ski only runned about 1-2 minutes in this situation. A friend of mine checked it and said that nothing else needed to be changed (He is a mad man.. in process of buying and building a full carbon-cevlar seadoo rxp hull and body). I am a little short in money right know but before summer i am planning for some mods in order to reach 280 hp, I believe this is the point where performance and reliability perfectly balance.
    Very nice forum, full of info!
    STOP right where you are at and dont ride it any further until you AT least pull the front oil pump and get that broken washer out bro.

You will probably find most of it there. If not you may need to pull the PTO and or whole engine to reduce the risk of further engine damage.

We did that and pulled out the front oil pump. All the pieces of the broken washer were there, I told my friend to change the pump but told me it wasn't needed to do so. Cleaned it up, inspect it for any marks and then re-installed it. Its worth mentioning that with the pieces we could puzzle back the broken ceramic washer, meaning that all pieces stopped in the front oil pump. For the rebuild we are going to use the shaft of the IS model and metalic washers of course.
    Thanks for the message you sent me, and another thing.. what the abbreviation PTO means? Sorry for my bad engish language since its not my native one

+1
    We did that and pulled out the front oil pump. All the pieces of the broken washer were there, I told my friend to change the pump but told me it wasn't needed to do so. Cleaned it up, inspect it for any marks and then re-installed it. Its worth mentioning that with the pieces we could puzzle back the broken ceramic washer, meaning that all pieces stopped in the front oil pump. For the rebuild we are going to use the shaft of the IS model and metalic washers of course.
    Good, if you got it all you should be fine bro! Why dont you just purchase the rebuild kit from the online store? It has the newer style washers in it as well.

I think that my friend already made the order from this online store. Parts should be here by now but due to bad weather in Europe we had a delay. This is the place were we are going to buy the upgrade stuff. Still working on that because i am confused in which way to go. Stage III or just use a light turbo kit with all the necessary peripheral stuff needed?

+1
    I think that my friend already made the order from this online store. Parts should be here by now but due to bad weather in Europe we had a delay. This is the place were we are going to buy the upgrade stuff. Still working on that because i am confused in which way to go. Stage III or just use a light turbo kit with all the necessary peripheral stuff needed?
    Depends on your wallet bro haha! Go big though or else you will find yourself constantly upgrading!

Thats my thinking as well, do it the correct way or dont do it at all. Furthermore going low budget doesnt always means cheap in the end. I am dealing with rc boats as well ( i have a 51' rc boat full carbon cevlar doing 62 miles) payed a lot for it but i has payed off in the end. No problems so far just gas and play. If i was trying to lower the budjet i would still be paying for replacement parts!

+1
    Attachment 224711Attachment 224712

Little toy of mine

Thats my thinking as well, do it the correct way or dont do it at all. Furthermore going low budget doesnt always means cheap in the end. I am dealing with rc boats as well ( i have a 51' rc boat full carbon cevlar doing 62 miles) payed a lot for it but i has payed off in the end. No problems so far just gas and play. If i was trying to lower the budjet i would still be paying for replacement parts!

nice toy! here 's a video of my boat (the vid was from my first rides and still needed to be trimmed, lot of cavitation at the beggining)

I also have 4 cars, two boats, 2 planes and one sailboat and now a seadoo!!

+1
    cool! That thing was carving!!

Thread Information