Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Goodbye Superjet and SX-R's

Unfortunately Yamaha and Kawasaki will be discontinuing their stand-up models in 2012. 2011 will be the last year model due to tightening emission regulations.

Please Yamaha and Kawasaki, make a four stroke or two stroke direct injection model, save the stand up!

+1
    It's a shame... They are the leading cause of polution. Seriously, I've got an 89 650sx and an 89 X2 and they use way less gas than any of my other toys. Add to the fact after 30 minutes of riding hard and you are WHOOPED!

I heard Kawa is ending this year but not Yamaha...

+1
    If you read the Ride magazine article on this, it's the declining sales that's at issue. Emissions is a BIG copout!...there are exsisting di systems that work and can be easily put in a stand-up.

I am a sit down rider but I'm very sad to see these go, I may have bought one in the future, and maybe with DI more people would buy because of the better fuel efficiency etc

I am an environmentalist but these craft are so small with a small engine and would hardly damage the environment.

If Kawi is going out, what is Yamaha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    If you read the Ride magazine article on this, it's the declining sales that's at issue. Emissions is a BIG copout!...there are exsisting di systems that work and can be easily put in a stand-up.

If a Superjet had been $4-5k I would have bought one. I wonder how many other people say that. Seriously, 8 grand for a Superjet or SX-R and they have a sales issue - really???

+1
    SHOBIZ, you are right on the money... I've always wanted another brand new ski so I can keep it for a long time and know it's history... I really like the way the new standups dice through the water compared to the older standups.

For 8k I better be getting more than a stock SXR or superjet, if you search ricketer XFS on youtube you will see a badA$$ standup based on superjet components, some aftermarket hulls are 4.5k for fiberglass versions, a company as big as yamaha and kawasaki should be able to turn out a great deal of them for not a ton of cash... which would entice some of us poor folk to buy a new ski.

If I could buy a brand new Honda Turbo for 6k, why couldn't I buy an SXR or superjet...

+1
    Same thing when Yamaha stopped making the Banshee in what...08' I also heard that you can still buy them in Canada though. Sad to see the standups go away, but there is so many of them out there, they will be around for a while still. We see them at our lakes and there are alot of them. The price tag on the newer ones are really alot of money. I agree with SHOBiz, 8k is alot!

I still think they should make a direct injected two stroke version, I would rather them still make them even with the 8 grand price tag.

I'm only 15 and I wanna be able to ride one when I'm older

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    An $8000 superjet better be 4 stroke powered

Slowstang, I have seen your display picture somewhere, I wanna get a sticker done up that says that. That is great!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information