Motorcycle Superstore Blow out clearance sale!!!

there are some decent prices on Goggles and riding gear!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...vid=1559919024

I had ordered a pair of smith Fuel LST goggles last year and ordered another pair of Smith Goggles from this sale...!

well thought I`d report about their customer service.

I have ordered online without any glitches and so have my friends, for bars/pads etc.
    after reviewing my recent order and seeing items "on order" and one in stock, I thought i would see what`s up bc no other email has been sent other than my confirmation.
    it appears that the one item on sale Sweat mirrored goggle is discontinued even tho it clearly show in stock. the other 2 bars pads and Smith Sweat Piston goggle shows on order with a delivery date for 2morrow.

decided to chat online with a rep to see what`s the dilly.

currently the price for the Piston goggle has gone up to 49.99 and they don`t have the items in their possession to ship to me. If this were known I would have passed on the order the day I made it. Out of the several times I have ordered from MSS this is the second encounter with calling and chatting online. I think this will be my last purchase from them...

here`s the session:
    Requesting Conversation..
    Sent: good morning, I`m looking for an update to my order please 1xxxxxxx Thanks...

Welcome to live chat with Motorcycle Superstore. You are first in the queue.The conversation request is being delivered to an agent.

Please wait.How may I help you today?
    Received: hello
    Received: Just one moment please; while I look into that.
    Sent: thanks
    Received: ok it looks like the order is still waiting to get your on order items from our vendor and it looks like the Fuel V2 Sweat X with mirrored lens have been discontinued
    Sent: wow, it showed in stock when it was ordered
    Sent: is there a substitute?
    Received: yes and it may have been but it was a close out item and unfortunately we are limited to the stock we have on hand
    Received: let me see if there is anything close to it
    Sent: ok.
    Sent: you do have the Smith Piston goggles?
    Received: no we dont have the Smith Piston goggles we have the Smith Piston Sweat X goggles for 49.99
    Sent: I have on my order the sweat X Piston for 39.99, did this price now change?
    Received: yes they are still on sale just 49.99
    Sent: my order says 39.99 are you going to charge me more for something I have on order, i don`t understand?
    Sent: at this point what exactly am i getting?
    Received: the Piston Sweat X goggles and the two Team mini bar pads
    Sent: what price am I going to be paying for the sweat X?
    Received: 39.99
    Sent: do you have an estimated delivery date/
    Received: if we get the items today it would be 1/3 and if we get them tomorrow
    Sent: ok, at this point I have to say I`m disappointed with MSS for not sending me an updated email about my order and afford me the time to look for something compatible. depending on the out come of this order I`m going to pass this along to my club... Thank you and have a great day..
    .Received: You're Welcome! Have a great day!

seems that this is common these days, to show items in stock when they are not. Dennis Kirk does the same thing, you see how many are avail, but when you place an order, it`s out of stock...
    This is really no big deal, just would have liked to have been informed so I could have replaced or reorder a similar goggle or simply not order at all...choices...
    sucks that I missed the mirrored goggle...oh well...

+1
    That's the problem with closeout items the stock doesn't update often. I never had a problem with mms. All stores are like that with closeouts. Hope all works out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    That's the problem with closeout items the stock doesn't update often. I never had a problem with mms. All stores are like that with closeouts. Hope all works out for ya.
    very true, that`s why I`m not mad or anything, just a little annoyed they didn`t contact me, they have all my info, a simple email would have had me make any changes... that simple...

it is easy to misread. I could have thought that bc in stock is on my order that I was to ASSUME that I would be receiving one of the close out items... like I said, oh well... it`s a crap shoot...

+1
    Yeah I hear you. I ordered a thor kicker bag from them last year for mx. I order a 09 model bag and they sent me the 08 model. Only difference was strap color. They knocked off 50bucks for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    Yeah I hear you. I ordered a thor kicker bag from them last year for mx. I order a 09 model bag and they sent me the 08 model. Only difference was strap color. They knocked off 50bucks for the inconvenience.
    I deliberately ordered enough stuff to capitalize on their free shipping, even tho I didn`t need another bar pad. now that they cancelled the goggles I am paying for shipping... they should have atleast covered the damn shipping... pretty much tells me I`m not purchasing from them again... it`s the principal...

finally got the order. Customer service is a joke. Wish I could have received the original goggles that I ordered but these are nice...

Thread Information