Thread: Water box mod??

Water box mod??

In taking my supercharger out i have removed the waterbox just after the exhaust and I have been thinking why it is out maybe I should mod it. So is it worth fitting a drainage tap for after use, drill hole, weld small tube and connect hose etc.... Is there a link to this type of mod??

Also would it be worth cutting open and remove all or some of the baffels??

My ski is completely stock engine wise, I do have R&D plate and grate with Solas impeller.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for replays in advanced.

Are there any after market SC belts??

+1
    cut the box in half and use a hole saw to cut some more holes through the baffles then weld it back up no real measurable gains but will make the ski sound alot meaner.

Just read this on the Riva site for performance water box....

These Aluminium Water Boxes offer a unique exhaust baffle design that will increase the low-end power and mid-range pull of your watercraft. High strength
    aluminium construction will survive backfires and meltdowns.
    Note; If fitting to a '08 machine a Free Flow Exhaust must be fitted # RK16090

I have an 08 craft, will i need a free flow exhaust if I put saw through my baffles???? What may happen if I don't fit a free flow?? Will be no bother doing the mod as my dad is a sheet metal worker.

+1
    exactly as i said above, you will be fine, but hey if you like the sales pitch go and spend some coin on their box. yours will be the same if you mod. it.

Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    Just read this on the Riva site for performance water box....

These Aluminium Water Boxes offer a unique exhaust baffle design that will increase the low-end power and mid-range pull of your watercraft. High strength
    aluminium construction will survive backfires and meltdowns.
    Note; If fitting to a '08 machine a Free Flow Exhaust must be fitted # RK16090

I have an 08 craft, will i need a free flow exhaust if I put saw through my baffles???? What may happen if I don't fit a free flow?? Will be no bother doing the mod as my dad is a sheet metal worker.

Leave your waterbox as it is..no gain at all, and maybe some loss in top end speed. definitely not the time for jetskis to be too nosy.
    The mod you can do is reroute the cooling line that goes to the front of the waterbox, directely to the outside (by-pass). Thus having less water in the waterbox and less heat in the hull. It works fine on a stock engine.

Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    In taking my supercharger out i have removed the waterbox just after the exhaust and I have been thinking why it is out maybe I should mod it. So is it worth fitting a drainage tap for after use, drill hole, weld small tube and connect hose etc.... Is there a link to this type of mod??

Also would it be worth cutting open and remove all or some of the baffels??

My ski is completely stock engine wise, I do have R&D plate and grate with Solas impeller.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for replays in advanced.

Are there any after market SC belts??

+1
    no water in the water box = less heat, i dont think so, theres no way i would recommend that mod. if you must just, fit the '09 valve which still allows water in to cool things down. btw that hose also acts as a thermostat to the motor as the hole through to the box is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Leave your waterbox as it is..no gain at all, and maybe some loss in top end speed. definitely not the time for jetskis to be too nosy.
    The mod you can do is reroute the cooling line that goes to the front of the waterbox, directely to the outside (by-pass). Thus having less water in the waterbox and less heat in the hull. It works fine on a stock engine.

Just my 2 cents...

No deffo do not want to buy Riva part, was worried that my standard exhaust back from the water box would not stand up to the baffles being drilled as I get the impression from Riva's statement that you can't run a modded water box with a standard rear section on an 08 model. Does that make sence???

Buy the riva straight thru exhuast leave the water box alone. The riva kit is fairly inexpensive. Riva claims some small gains which maybe true either way it sounds awesome with the belt driven sc, almost balanced if that makes sense. It's as if you can hear the sc and the exhaust "evenly" where now all you can hear on your ski is the motor.
    Last edited by Max Downs; 01-28-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Thread Information