+1

Question on Skegs

Would like to know for a 2006 RXP do the Skegs help with MPH or just with handling of the ski?

Thanks

+1
    when i had my skegs on that was when i got my top speeds as they lift the hull up out of the water more creating speed, mine were just the glue on type which dont last long with beaching

+1
    I cant say i noticed a big top sped gain with mine BUT i can say i noticed a big difference in handling...She tracked real well in the chop..Definatly worth putting on if you dont have a modded ride plate

+1
    This topic came up a while back. Seems there was a mix of input on the topic with a mix of results. I do recall that Jim (Jim's Performance) posted that with his expertise and testing that the skeggs scrub speed and stated "anything sticking down in the water scrubs speed". I have a Jims skegged plate and love the handling. Not real sure as to how much speed is lost due to the skeggs as it was installed at the same time as several other mods.

+1
    I was part of the discussion that dnielsen is talking about. Jim and I exchanged several emails about his plates and he did say that skeggs scrub speed. At that time I had one of Jim's plates with skeggs. After I installd it and did a test I found no speed gain. I emailed Jim and he said to grind the skeggs off and I will gain speed. I did this and gained nothing. I am about to put on another Jim's plate with skeggs. I am going to give this one more of a chance. I will say that the ski sat higher in the water before I cut the skeggs off. This would indicate to me that I had less ski in the water and there for should make me go faster. I won't be able to the until April but my personal feeling is that with skeggs you should go faster. Just my two cents.

+1
    For me I think i'll be sticking to the skegged plate on this PX. Personally I prefer the handling over the minimal gains produced by removing the skeggs (if any). Simpl put, add more HP to make up for the difference. With the pump ext. the ski is pushed further out of the water (less hull drag) while maintaining stability. Makes for a real good ride in 2' chop at 70 mph or so!!!, the skeggs help the ski to track straight....

Thread Information