Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Launch Control sharing

Hi
    I have just started playing around with launch control and have watched the motec webinar. I realise everyone's setup is different but I'm interested to know what people are doing with timings and percentage of throttle. Hopefully some people can post up a screen shot of their settings and what type of jet unit they are running. I.e. 155mm or 160mm, TBM, anti-cav cone etc

Appreciate any info if you are willing to share

Cheers

+1
    Happy to help.
    It's mainly in the last two columns you need to play in and watch the rpms.
    What type of racing or conditions are you riding in?

+1
    Thankyou Gunna, im not racing at this stage mainly rec riding and surf. Just wanted to set it up so i can punch it off the line and limit the cavitation, Iím constantly on the limiter on takeoff, I have attached what Iím currently trying at the moment which is helping but its still not right, I havenít got a good log file yet but will post up soon. Iím really interested to see what others are doing to compare

I appreciate your time and help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	225073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CONTENT.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	225074

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by COSEY1234 View Post
    Thankyou Gunna, im not racing at this stage mainly rec riding and surf. Just wanted to set it up so i can punch it off the line and limit the cavitation, Iím constantly on the limiter on takeoff, I have attached what Iím currently trying at the moment which is helping but its still not right, I havenít got a good log file yet but will post up soon. Iím really interested to see what others are doing to compare

I appreciate your time and help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	225073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CONTENT.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	225074
    You wont get too many helpers atm 'cause it's all their secret squirrel stuff (mine included).

However it'll only take you a few days of dicking around to learn it anyway, so here's my theory on it all.

Firstly, the area you need to work on is in the position translation table. The first second or so in the 100% column. This is were you peg it full throttle and hang on for dear life.
    The first row should be 100% to get the motor spinning. Then the 200 to 500milliseconds should be lower % to avoid cavitation (hitting rev limiter). Then the next second or so should taper back up to 100%.

It'll greatly depend on the torque of your motor and to some degree the size of prop, pitch, wear ring clearance, etc etc. Another reason not to copy and paste someone elses table.

In the timer section it's all pretty self explainitory. Again it'll depend on riding style and conditions you work in. I ride like an old fart on flat water so my setup would be useless to you. But Coldspace has done a lot of work with his surf setup and would be a great bloke to bounce ideas off. He may chime in when he's done getting washed away with all this Queensland rain.

If you really can't get your head around it just PM your # and we'll catch up.

+1
    Closed Throttle Timer TP should be higher, say 10 or 15%.

This is the TP that the motec needs to see to think the throttle is closed.

If you look at your log, most setups have idle TP around the 7-8%. If yours is set @ 2% the Closed Throttle Timer will never start.

Make sense?

+1
    Get launch control spot on and no-one (or wave) will beat you off the line.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    You wont get too many helpers atm 'cause it's all their secret squirrel stuff (mine included).

If you really can't get your head around it just PM your # and we'll catch up.
    thats the exact reason i have not posted , as the setup i am running is not my work
    but i will say it works great
    i was able to launch beside a bigger boost ski than mine and stay in front all because of the launch control

kev

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Closed Throttle Timer TP should be higher, say 10 or 15%.

This is the TP that the motec needs to see to think the throttle is closed.

If you look at your log, most setups have idle TP around the 7-8%. If yours is set @ 2% the Closed Throttle Timer will never start.

Make sense?
    Yep Sure does, so it looks like trial and error is the way it has to be, I was just trying to speed things up, but I also understand why people are keeping things to them selves. I really appreciate your input gunna. I will have a play around for the next few days and see what I end up with. thanks again

+1

Same problems

I have a Sho doing 93mph here in Puerto Rico, but with a lot and a lot of cavitation. To the point im like 2 seconds with the cavitation. Im trying the Launch control and manage to make it run with no cavitation for a couple of seconds, but after that it just dies on me and stays the same unless i release the throttle and squeeze it again.

+1
    Send me the data and I will sort a stratagy for you

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

sorry
    Send it to [email protected]

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information