Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

intercooler questions (in the right section now)

Intercooler questions..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend looking to buy a intercooler for his RXP. I told him there are several on the market, and he wanted me to do some research into which one he should buy.

From what I have read here, they are very similar to one another, but the prices seem to differ considerably. Take the macsboost one for instance. Is it really just a high priced chinese made knock off of the XS one? If so, thats not cool. The hoses look cool, but they don't justify the high price tag. IMHO

If someone could give me a review of the different ones I would appreciate it. Also what they come with, like a bracket and such

Thanks ...REG

+1
    If you want to do the research do a search on inter cooler. I just spent the last few weeks reading all the posts it came up with on the very subject. I have learned a lot from it.
    There is a test going on now of the very products you wrote of. Results should follow shortly.

+1
    Currently, there is only one complete kit on the market that consists of everything you need such as mounting bracket, intercooler, plumbing and stock IC blockoff. That is the Riva kit.

Rotax Racing offers an intercooler that performs well. They also have a plumbing kit available as well as a stock IC blockoff that must be purchased seperately.

Macboost has come forth with an intercooler that comes with silicone plumbing hose. I will be testing it shortly.

So far the best intercooler i've ran is the Riva. I have the Riva intercooler in both of my RXP's.

I read and read and now am just trying to get a final overview. Too bad Billie(RX951) isn't a doo guy. He would have a poll for the comparisons started, along with 27 other posts for me by now.

Thanks , I'll keep reading and analyzing.

Macboost needs to make a braket first and to add matal plumbing to be a competitive .
    The Riva (Vortec) ic is the best overal package to date .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Intercooler questions..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend looking to buy a intercooler for his RXP. I told him there are several on the market, and he wanted me to do some research into which one he should buy.

From what I have read here, they are very similar to one another, but the prices seem to differ considerably. Take the macsboost one for instance. Is it really just a high priced chinese made knock off of the XS one? If so, thats not cool. The hoses look cool, but they don't justify the high price tag. IMHO

If someone could give me a review of the different ones I would appreciate it. Also what they come with, like a bracket and such

Thanks ...REG
    Hi Reg, There is alot of Mis-Information out there. I sent one to BTTech and another to Jerry. As Brian stated in his mini review, it out performed the Riva IC without question. Jerry will test it whenever he gets a chance. (Thanks Jerry) If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me.

As for the metal vs all silicone debate. I am sticking with the silicone as its a superior setup.

[QUOTE=RXP6;161535]Macboost needs to make a braket first and to add matal plumbing to be a competitive .
    QUOTE]

And perhaps drop the price?

Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    Hi Reg, There is alot of Mis-Information out there. I sent one to BTTech and another to Jerry. As Brian stated in his mini review, it out performed the Riva IC without question. Jerry will test it whenever he gets a chance. (Thanks Jerry) If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me.

As for the metal vs all silicone debate. I am sticking with the silicone as its a superior setup.
    Dont forget about the lag issue he stated. Or was there a solution to that ?

+1
    Actually, I believe the problem in BT tech's case could be attributed to too lean a fuel mixture in the "accelerator pump" circuit. This setup has dramatically less restriction than his previous one. I know he uses his own fuel controller so it will be interesting to see what a little tuning will do.

i'm still thinking if it's worth it to put back an intercooler in my ski. Have a stage II riva , the IC's gets glogged really easy 2 other guys overhere are having the same problem only 1 still riding the riva IC. Don't know if the cores are to thin and it gets glogged easy or maybe its the salty water here in Aruba? I've put my stock cooler back in no problems so far, but DAMM i want more Mph

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information