Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eye protection

+1

Cool Eye protection

Looking for new products out there for eye protection, a must for me since I use contacts and they fly out if I don't wear sunglasses or oakley goggles due to the wind.

I have been using Oakley polarized sunglasses to ride since the goggles block my lateral vision, but loosing a pair of them gets expensive.

Is there anything out there that will not fly out when you hit the waters, since I fell years ago from my 99 GP1200 and even with the goggles I lost the contacts due to the water pressure and impact removing the goggles.

Just trying to see if there is something better out there that I am not aware of.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have you looked at the Sea Specs products?

Not expensive (3 pair for $100), stay on, and work quite well for us. Several styles/colors are available.

Water impact is hard to predict. Not sure if anything short of a full face helmet (if that) can guarantee that your contacts stay in place during an instant swim or full face power-washing.

Perhaps carrying spare contacts or spare prescription eyeglasses on board is the best answer, beyond wearing Sea Specs or similar for basic eye protection.

+1
    I ride with SeaSpecs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Have you looked at the Sea Specs products?

Not expensive (3 pair for $100), stay on, and work quite well for us. Several styles/colors are available.

Water impact is hard to predict. Not sure if anything short of a full face helmet (if that) can guarantee that your contacts stay in place during an instant swim or full face power-washing.

Perhaps carrying spare contacts or spare prescription eyeglasses on board is the best answer, beyond wearing Sea Specs or similar for basic eye protection.

Those look really good, going to order 3 of them ( a lot cheaper than the $200 oakleys I lost this summer ). This looks like what I was looking for since they won't affect my lateral vission. Yes I have glasses and extra contacts in the ski but at -6.5 my vision is pretty bad if I loose them.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    <------------------- safe phace

+1
    My favorite one is the Black with the clear lens. Still get all the UV protection, but a non-tinted veiw of the world. I like to see the water as GOD intended us to see it. When the sun is low and reflection becomes an issue, I put on the blue or black grey tinted ones. Three for $100 out the door is great. I don't wear the band on the back as they don't fly off. If you a person that takes hard spills, then you might want to use the strap. I have fell off my boat once in 5 years while rec riding. And that was 5 years ago when I first got my Honda F-12X.

I also wear a Yamaha Bushmaster ($17.95) on my head. I don't use the strap thingy either. And I don't button it up like in the picture. The hat stays on a 80 MPH. It just flips up. Gives me really good sun protection. Goes great with the Blue FZR. I don't think Yamaha makes the hats anymore after 2009. Quicksilver and other companies offer a bushmaster hat. Top it off with some 100 SPF Spray-On sunblock...and I am ready.

+1
    I have smith an Oakley goggles i use when its really ruff out but most of the time i ride with Oakley Gascans and a seadoo neoprem head band that you can buy at most seadoo dealers. Iv fallin off with them on and never fell off.

I have been wearing H2O`s made by BUGZ.USA for years, they held up well, but are not made anymore, they have a new goggle out called Viperz...

lately I have picked up a few Smith Goggle, and recent grabbed 2 during this sale/closeout...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=144420

+1
    I love the sea specs also. This reminds me, I need to order some more.

+1
    how are those holes on it? do they allow water to get in and around the lens? i wear contacts as well i have been using walamart sunglasses because i dont have to feel bad if i lose them. the set i have now work great becuase they have big lenses and alow the water to run off the side of the glasses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information