Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    fxho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA 305
    Posts
    168

    Is this a good deal?

    Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! snuck over from the yammi side so i really dont know to much abt these sea doos and his neighboor 3 doors down is sellibg this ski. So what do you guys think, is it worth it or a good deal?

    My buddy was looking on craigslist and came accross this.

    97 Bombardier Sea Doo XP wave runner, personal watercraft. Exceptional condition, looks almost like new, Direct Action Suspension, VTS Vehicle Trim System with trim position guage, Speedometer, Tachometer, Fuel Gauge with Low Oi Quantity Warning, Stainless Steel Racing Impeller and other High Performance Parts Engine: Rotax Marine 2 cylinder 800cc(792cc), 2 stroke, 110 horsepower from factory, 130 horsepower with aftermarket performance parts, Factory Racing Pipe, purple anodized racing intake manifold and air filter bases, oil injection system converted to pre-mix to assure oil presence, performance ignition, racing plugs, engine manufactured in Austria and overhauled by R&R Racing, 0 hours since overhaul, battery relocated to rear for better weight transfer. Trailer: EZ Loader, excellent condition, extra long tongue, good tires Loss of job forces sale. Great ski, very fast(73mph), great condition, great trailer. Sell cheap, make offer. Needs the following: battery $50, safety lanyard $25, safety lanyard programmed $25, replacement title $30(not stolen, title in storage and can't get in; owe


  2. #2
    fxho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA 305
    Posts
    168
    Forgot to mention, he wants a trade for his glock 17 and $300. Total value he paid for his glock was $430 plus the $300 cash, equals total value of $730. So good deal or no? will post pics either tomorrow or friday

  3. #3
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    theres something fishy about a loaded ski with a trailer for $730. I'd want that ski GPS'd too. that hull with that motor is very hard to get to 70 and be dependable and not a wrencher. Im wondering if the motor is a 787 thats been stroked or if its a 787 or as everyone knows as an 800. the 98-and up XP's had the 951's in it and had more power and were faster. It really depends on what you are comfortable with. do your homework, compression test(150psi), title, check the wear ring, ect....that Factory pipe alone is worth 750

  4. #4
    mibunkerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jax,Fl
    Posts
    2,259
    +1
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! snuck over from the yammi side so i really dont know to much abt these sea doos and his neighboor 3 doors down is sellibg this ski. So what do you guys think, is it worth it or a good deal?

    My buddy was looking on craigslist and came accross this.

    97 Bombardier Sea Doo XP wave runner, personal watercraft. Exceptional condition, looks almost like new, Direct Action Suspension, VTS Vehicle Trim System with trim position guage, Speedometer, Tachometer, Fuel Gauge with Low Oi Quantity Warning, Stainless Steel Racing Impeller and other High Performance Parts Engine: Rotax Marine 2 cylinder 800cc(792cc), 2 stroke, 110 horsepower from factory, 130 horsepower with aftermarket performance parts, Factory Racing Pipe, purple anodized racing intake manifold and air filter bases, oil injection system converted to pre-mix to assure oil presence, performance ignition, racing plugs, engine manufactured in Austria and overhauled by R&R Racing, 0 hours since overhaul, battery relocated to rear for better weight transfer. Trailer: EZ Loader, excellent condition, extra long tongue, good tires Loss of job forces sale. Great ski, very fast(73mph), great condition, great trailer. Sell cheap, make offer. Needs the following: battery $50, safety lanyard $25, safety lanyard programmed $25, replacement title $30(not stolen, title in storage and can't get in; owe
    97 xp's came with the 800 motor as stated. i call on the 73mph. the 951 years of that hull did 61 stock and are hard to get to 70 much less 73 with a 800 motor.

    this is what i would do with it though.

    1. do the trade for the glock and $
    2. part it out
    3. buy new glock with part out $$
    4. pocket the rest

    as nick already said, selling the pipe alone you will break even. the rest is ammo and range time.

  5. #5
    "Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    533
    I had a 97xp i traded it straight up for a 96xp and never looked back! Part it out and make some $$$$$...

  6. #6
    AquaGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The dock
    Posts
    558
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    97 xp's came with the 800 motor as stated. i call on the 73mph. the 951 years of that hull did 61 stock and are hard to get to 70 much less 73 with a 800 motor.

    this is what i would do with it though.

    1. do the trade for the glock and $
    2. part it out
    3. buy new glock with part out $$
    4. pocket the rest

    as nick already said, selling the pipe alone you will break even. the rest is ammo and range time.
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    I had a 97xp i traded it straight up for a 96xp and never looked back! Part it out and make some $$$$$...

    What's so wrong with the 3rd generation Xp with the 800 motor that he needs to part it out? Especially considering it's got a fresh engine? Anyways for $700 that's a STEAL if you don't buy it tell me where it is and I might.

  7. #7
    mibunkerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jax,Fl
    Posts
    2,259
    +1
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    theres something fishy about a loaded ski with a trailer for $730.
    ^^^ and that he claims it can go 73mph when the 951 verison of that ski can only do it with heavy mods.= fishy

    its a great hull but under powered with the 800 motor. but at that price and with those parts on it it is a very good deal. which is why we where saying to get it and part it out at the worst.

    and if its stolen then parting it out or turning it in would be the only ways to go.

  8. #8
    AquaGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The dock
    Posts
    558
    +1
    1
    FXHO did you end up pulling the trigger (get it-glock trade-"pull the trigger" HAHA im so funny) on the XP?

  9. #9
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    2,999
    +1
    123
    looks like total BS

  10. #10
    Deanrw3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    west MI
    Posts
    249
    Kind of sounds stolen to me. If he has paper work for the performance items then it is prob ok.

    But I think most skis sit like that in the winter. No battery, no title, no key....

    Otherwise good deal, but it might need some work to make sure it keeps running correct and if you are not into or know performance, prob not worth your time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a good deal??
    By gkya blazin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 01:03 AM
  2. 2001 GP1200R- Is this a good deal?
    By bwinter in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 07:20 AM
  3. Is this a good deal?
    By GTI06 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
  4. 05 RXT, is this a good deal?
    By plattq45 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 09:59 AM
  5. Is this a good deal? $750 for a alum. trailer
    By addicted in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •