Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

FX HO Cruiser hull damage

My son and I went out for some open water riding and when we were hosing down the skis at the end of the day we found the attached damage to the hull. It's a 2010 FX HO Cruiser. We don't know when or how it occurred. I know my son was thrown off the ski when jumping over a wave and hit his left knee somewhere on the ski as he was thrown off, but the damage is on the right side of the ski, so I don't think his knee has caused the problem. Has anyone had any similar damage and if so, how did it occur. I just want to make sure that this isn't a problem with the hull from my son wave jumping. I had a look over the ski and can't find any other signs of stress on the hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC250006.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	224972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC250004.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	224973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC250001.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	224974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC250010.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	224975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC250003.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	224976  

That looks like the exact same spot(not up on the sides but on the mat) i have my feet when im jumping waves, wonder if its some sort of pressure point damage???? How much air does he get and how much does he weigh, wonder if thats the cause?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezzosoap View Post
    That looks like the exact same spot(not up on the sides but on the mat) i have my feet when im jumping waves, wonder if its some sort of pressure point damage???? How much air does he get and how much does he weigh, wonder if thats the cause?????
    My son's about 88kg and gets about the average height off a wave, when you consider that it's a heavy 3 seater ski.

My concern was that the crack is right about where the hull bends, as visible in photos PC250001. I also remember reading some time ago that these hulls can't be repaired with just fibreglass.

Wow...could have been an air bubble in the laminate when the hull was made...that is my guess.
    Not a hard fix though...use Lord Fusor EZ 127 make sure it dries overnight before sanding.......also make sure you use eqaul parts and mix very, very good... same product to repair late model corvettes smc.....sticks to anything and super strong.

It looks like something struck it. Like a rock. Did the ski capsize? That area is ususally a little stronger than other parts of the Nanoxcel hull. There is a thread on GH where extensive damage to this type of hull was done and repaired (with success).

+1
    I am no pro on nano hulls but I did have some similar damage to my ski in a different spot. It was sanded down and filled with body filler and it is as good as new. The crack on your ski does not look like it effects the overall structural integrity IMO.

+1
    That actually looks to me like the damage has come from the inside and pushed the broken peice out or did you do that to show it on the photo. if it did come from the inside take it back to the dealer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    That actually looks to me like the damage has come from the inside and pushed the broken peice out or did you do that to show it on the photo. if it did come from the inside take it back to the dealer.
    The visible damage is as is. No pushing on my part.

That's no good Rory. I have seen much worse on nanocell and it has been repaired easily & successfully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information