Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    2000 GPRXP 4tec shooter98xpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2,717
    +1
    3

    Walbro Fuel Pump

    Who is using the Walbro 255 fuel pump? How does this fuel pump work when compared to the stock fuel pump? Anybody have pics of installs? Pretty simple to do and worth doing?
    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Its a direct swap out.... very simple! The Walbro works very well in higher pressure applications vs the OEM pump. Just be careful as to where you buy one. Lot's of Chinese knock-offs out there I recommend Summit Racing.

  3. #3
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Its a direct swap out.... very simple! The Walbro works very well in higher pressure applications vs the OEM pump. Just be careful as to where you buy one. Lot's of Chinese knock-offs out there I recommend Summit Racing.
    +1, direct replacement, Summit is the place to buy!

  4. #4
    2000 GPRXP 4tec shooter98xpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2,717
    +1
    3
    I like summit, its addictive, hahahaha. So you just pull the old one out of the tank and drop this one in?
    SHOOTER

  5. #5
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Thats pretty much it, just pay attention to the oreintation of the float assembly so it all drops right back in place. Its easy once you pull the glove box out of the way. Unhook the battery before hand, wouldnt want any sparks around.

  6. #6
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    I like summit, its addictive, hahahaha. So you just pull the old one out of the tank and drop this one in?
    SHOOTER
    You have to pull the entire module.... then disassemble it, and replace the pump. It's really pretty straight forward.... just make sure that the check valve assembly in the bottom of the module goes back together properly!

  7. #7
    Focker Foggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Olathe KS
    Posts
    672
    And don't forget to replace the fuel strainers.. They are cheap..
    Can't seem to find the thread with the part numbers. Airtex part numbers.
    Like $10 each or something cheap... Easy call to replace anytime fuel pump module is out

  8. #8
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Its a direct swap out.... very simple! The Walbro works very well in higher pressure applications vs the OEM pump. Just be careful as to where you buy one. Lot's of Chinese knock-offs out there I recommend Summit Racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    +1, direct replacement, Summit is the place to buy!
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Thats pretty much it, just pay attention to the oreintation of the float assembly so it all drops right back in place. Its easy once you pull the glove box out of the way. Unhook the battery before hand, wouldnt want any sparks around.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    You have to pull the entire module.... then disassemble it, and replace the pump. It's really pretty straight forward.... just make sure that the check valve assembly in the bottom of the module goes back together properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    And don't forget to replace the fuel strainers.. They are cheap..
    Can't seem to find the thread with the part numbers. Airtex part numbers.
    Like $10 each or something cheap... Easy call to replace anytime fuel pump module is out
    +1...................

  9. #9
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    You guys think a Walbro can handle 1000CC Injectors on E98 fuel?

  10. #10
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Dont see why it wouldnt...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WALBRO fuel pump install on 08-11 RXP ???
    By Lbaronio in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 06:30 AM
  2. does anyone know the part num i need it for a walbro fuel pump
    By starter99 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM
  3. Walbro fuel pump issue!!!
    By FreakRXP1200 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
  4. Walbro fuel pump 255 lph brand new
    By vxrpete8 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 02:43 PM
  5. Walbro fuel pump
    By mitch411RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •