Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PWC trailer

+1

PWC trailer

I am looking around for a trailer that will go with the 2009 FX SHO that i am getting. I saw this on craigslist.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/2133807618.html

I think i will go to him with 400 cash and see if he will let it go. But i want to make sure it will support the waverunner i am getting.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Damn, can the mods move this thread? I put it in the wrong area, it should be in Yamaha section. Sorry, its early....

+1
    I would check the weight limit on the trailer as it looks to be very light duty. your sho might put it at the limit. There is a small label on the tongue that lists the capacities/specs for axle etc.
    Also, check the length of the thing, it looks to be very short and will be a pain in the arse to back up.

+1
    He says its for a 12 to 13 foot boat. And the FX SHO is like 9 and a half to 10 feet?

Meh, im prolly just gonna go with one from the dealer. Although i know they will charge me a ton for it, i know it will be the right one.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    I think you're smarter to shop around a bit. The SHO is 11 feet long, and weights over 800lbs empty. When you add fuel, etc. you've got close to 1000lbs on the trailer. You don't want anything that's close to the limit under your awesome new toy!

Shorelander, EZ Loader, and Karavan all make decent singles that will work for you; Triton is by far the best, but they cost the big coin. I use a Triton Elite for my 2 big Yamahas, and a Karavan single for my GPR. The Karavan will hold the SHO but it hangs off both ends of the bunks. Ideally you want bunks that are at least 60" long; the flat part of the hull is sooooooo long on the SHO that you can use the extra support of the longer bunks.

Good luck!
    Sean

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    It may hold a 12foot boat, but remember a 12ft boat may be a jon boat with a 300lb weight. A Ski is a good 900+ lbs wet.

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yea, i thought about all you guys mentioned and i am just too meticulous when it comes to my vehicles and house. If i saved a few bucks and went with some "Joe-Bob" trailer, i would be constantly worried about it and would prolly end up buying a better one later.

Dealers are telling me 1 grand for a trailer if i buy it with the ski. Seems resonable to me for a trailer of good quality that fits, and will have the capacity. That seem to be fair to you guys or should i try and get em to go lower on it? I could always try, but i dont want to sound unreasonable when i approach the subject...

what brand trailer? single or double, that`s a good price for a double, IMHO not single...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    what brand trailer? single or double, that`s a good price for a double, IMHO not single...
    They didnt say what brand, but it would be a single. When i look up brand new PWC trailers(singles) i dont see any that are below 1200 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrunner View Post
    They didnt say what brand, but it would be a single. When i look up brand new PWC trailers(singles) i dont see any that are below 1200 bucks.
    I would expect to pay that for a triton, but not any galvanized trailer like Load rite or venture, or shorelander etc...
    just look over the trailer to see if it is made like crap or a well built trailer...

+1
    I bought a 2010 Loadrite single place trailer for my FZR this year and it was $650 + state tax + dealer "license" fees and ended up being over $700. That was without buying a anything else there, so I think that should be somewhat of a guideline for a single place trailer. I'm pretty happy with the quality of it too. Like Andy says, it's not a aluminum Triton, but good nonetheless.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information