Question I cant have a VXR

Happy New Year everyone!!!! I love this form you guys seem to know everything!
    Well I had been saving to buy a new VXR this winter to replace my 2010 Yamaha Vx criuser, But fianances changed and I guess it will be another season on the VX. I love my Vx it just needs to go faster! In 2010 yamaha changed alot of stuff on the VX over the previous years so not very many goodies for the 10 VX. By the speedo it runs a consistant 58 mph, rough water 54 to 55, but glass slick water and an almost empty gas tank a solid 61 mph blimping to 63. I tried gps on my iphone but made it hard to ride best pass light chop 57mph ....it smokes prior year vx's and sea doo 4tec's. my neighbor has one and it post almost idenical speeds.
    So in lies my problem I need more speed for some reason I cant go fast enough on it LOL!!! I am running Royal Purple oil and a modified Riva exhaust sound box bypass pipe.....This what I need is you guys input if you had $800.00 dollars for parts what would you change...best bang for the buck! I know trade for a FZR just can't do that.
    It seems to ride very wet or nose deep so ride plate change? I saw were Riva makes a ride plate for the 2011 VXR. would that fit the 2010 VX? since the ride plate was changed on the VX in 2010 models, from the pictures the ride plates look the same and ideas guys.
    Please suggest anything that would improve it.
    Thanks

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Intake/ impeller

I doubt you see anywhere near 57mph though. My 07 posted 52 with almost no fuel.

I agree with you Stang...I really dont know how fast it really goes....an actual GPS mounted to the ski type deal.....I held my Iphone it read 57....I know the speedo lies....these are the only base numbers I have....just trying to show the difference in water conditions and fuel weight as it relates to performance.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    You should get in touch with Jim - he modifies the VX rideplate for guys with the FZR; perhaps his modifications to your stock rideplate would benefit the VX hull as well? I don't know if anyone has tried that yet (if so, I missed the posting) but that could be an easy way to add a couple MPH for not too much money. And, it's an easy add - no warranty issues, etc.

Sean

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah I think you should see 52-53 on a real gps on flat water. Thats what I was hitting on my VX on a GPS and I don't think they changed much on the 2010 models. Honestly, that ski is just not made to go fast but it is still one of my favorite jet skis. The reliability is simply unmatched! I miss mine.

Thats the problem stang , they changed alot on the vx in 2010...the hull and ride plate, the center of gravity, exhaust just to name a few things they did....it seems like no one makes anything that fits it....But when I look at pictures of the VXR and the 2010 VX the hulls look the same and the ride plates look the same.....so they have preformance plates already for the VXR so I was trying to find out if they will interchange......

Thread Information