Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

performance intake

I have had some calls from Yamaha wave runner guys since we made a performance intake for the sea doo witch is on the green hulk forum http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ntake-manifold
    .We do not know a lot about wave runners But we do know intake manifolds for most kind's of motor sports .
    If the Yamaha wave runner is a project that will work for you then we would look at this BUT we will need info on what you would it to do ie
    will it be boost or N/A?
    what RPM you would like to see ?
    What HP you are looking for ?
    what space we have to work with ?
    what size engine you have ?
    what time frame do you have to make this ?

Due to the varying levels of performance that many of us have on this motor I am not sure a single HP number exist, but I will make an effort on some of this

RPM - 9,000-9,500
    HP - 450 (With 20 psi+ Boost)
    Space - don't know
    Engine Size - 4 cyl/1.8l

+1
    Very interesting. I've been following the intake thread on the SD side. This market (performance PWC's) seems like a natural for products like these.

In looking at all the Jenvy intakes I have seen, the inlet of the manifold is at the end compared to the stock intake manifold inlet on our SHO engines in the middle. This area is a bit tight coming directly from the IC. I'm trying to see how that could be made to work. Maybe it's as simple as some different plumbing.

You can see our intake manifold here.

With the Sea Doo i had time to go over to Armin's work place PPG in Florida and map out where the intake manifold was going to fit .
    PPG gave me a head and a intake to work with .This made things a lot quicker when it came down to the R&D for this engine .
    With out Armin i might not have made a set up for the Sea Doo any time soon
    [quote]
    [Jenvy intakes I have seen, the inlet of the manifold is at the end compared to the stock intake manifold inlet on our SHO engines in the middle].
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=194777241351
    If you take a look at the pic of how it is made you can see how it all works .It is a bit of a funky looking set up bot it is the way to go right now
    The Jenvey plenum is like the Audi race car set up .this plenum gives the best air path into the plenum with out heating up the air on the way in
    Right now we are working on getting a better price on the set up's and the mill work for 2011
    As from jan 4th 2011 Jenvey are going up in price 4% this is why i an trying to lock the old price in on the parts

NOTE
    The Jenvey set up on the Sea Doo is a only made by me here in Florida .Jenvey do not know what the combo is or the parts are milled to make up the kit .
    The Yamaha kit will have lots of the parts that the Sea Doo has like the plenum and the style of throttle body's
    I talk to jenvey five days a week and they send me all the Email's that they get on this set up and due to this i will not give them the info right now on this .

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Very interesting. I've been following the intake thread on the SD side. This market (performance PWC's) seems like a natural for products like these.

In looking at all the Jenvy intakes I have seen, the inlet of the manifold is at the end compared to the stock intake manifold inlet on our SHO engines in the middle. This area is a bit tight coming directly from the IC. I'm trying to see how that could be made to work. Maybe it's as simple as some different plumbing.

You can see our intake manifold here.

If it is going to be on an end the rear would be better IMO
    Hoses would have to be added/moved, but it isn't like the ski is modded or anything in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    If it is going to be on an end the rear would be better IMO
    Hoses would have to be added/moved, but it isn't like the ski is modded or anything in the first place
    we have had a look at the intake on this and we are trying to figure out why the intake is the shape it is and there is not a good shape plenum on this .we would like to find a shop in Florida that we can look at the intake in place then and only then we can make the right type of intake for this BUT do you need ITB or static body type ???

When we get this set up made and tested you can buy it from the greenhulk Shop
    We will need to know more info to make this right
    this is the info we need
    NA or boost
    where you need the air temp
    Do you need the OEM IAC
    what size throttle body do you need
    do you have a MAP sensor in the OEM place
    are you going to use a stand alone or OEM ECU
    all this info will help and if you think of any thing we left out post it here to make this work
    Also post pics of your home made intake's to

Quote Originally Posted by bug man nrg View Post
    we have had a look at the intake on this and we are trying to figure out why the intake is the shape it is and there is not a good shape plenum on this .we would like to find a shop in Florida that we can look at the intake in place then and only then we can make the right type of intake for this BUT do you need ITB or static body type ??? Static

When we get this set up made and tested you can buy it from the greenhulk Shop
    We will need to know more info to make this right
    this is the info we need
    NA or boost Boost
    where you need the air temp Varies depending on environment, IC configurations, other mods and tunes
    Do you need the OEM IAC OEM Preferred
    what size throttle body do you need Stock mm??
    do you have a MAP sensor in the OEM place Yes
    are you going to use a stand alone or OEM ECU Stand alone
    all this info will help and if you think of any thing we left out post it here to make this work
    Also post pics of your home made intake's to

Anyone else feel free....

Thank you this will help us

+1
    There are a few of us out here that are still running a stock (reflashed) ECU.

Ok we will look at that to when we build this

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information