Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry 2004 seadoo gtx check engine light

hello, yesterday i went out on the lake with my ski 2004 seadoo gtx 4 tec non charged and, the check engine light came on, after washing the motor lightly, i did the diagnostic scan and code \P0344,\\\\P0337\\P01681 came up, i rang seadoo they said every sensor must be changed for $$3000 im in australia what can i do just change the sensors, or are tehy connected as to why they are all going off?? why did this happen i always wash motor lightly then blow off with compressor than seadoo lube motor

+1
    Looks like you may have got water into the wiring/connectors etc. I`ve looked up the fault codes you have listed and they are as follows.
    P0337 is, No CPS signal but CAPS signal detected. (Possible Fault) Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel. (Action) Check for 190 to 290 ohms between terminals A-5 and A-19 of ECM connector.

P0344 is, Cam phase signal missing. (Possible Fault) Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel. Fault detected when the engine is running. (Action) For the CPS, check for 190 to 290 ohms between terminals A-5 and A-19 of ECM connector. For the CAPS, check for 12 volts on sensor connector pin 3. Check continuity for circuits A-20, A-34 and terminal 4 on engine connector. Check fuse #4 (refer to Wiring Diagram).

Code P01681 I cant find but there is a code P1681, which is, Communication problem - instrument cluster message missing. (Possible Fault) Damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM output pins. Instrument cluster not connected. (Action) Check system circuits 1-10 and 1-11. Check for 12 volts between pins 7 and 8 on the instrument cluster harness connector. Check 1A fuse. Connect instrument cluster.

Hope this is of some help. I would check for blown fuses first and replace. Individually disconnect each wiring connector and rinse them out with WD40 or the like and then blow them clean and reconnect them. Follow the actions for each fault code using a meter and retry the ski again. Hopefully this will fix you! Someone else may hopefully chime in with some more advice.

+1
    start at the ECM check both 'A & B ' connectors look at the pins closely on the ecm this is where i found some of my problems if you ride in salt water all connection should be lightly coated with di-electric grease this will help keep salt out

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    After that,check the harness at the point oposite the battery!Sometimes it comes in tact with the hull and damage the outer seal!

Thanx will pull all plugs and check pins for damaged burnt etc

Also is -80-90 a average speed for one of these ski non charged??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steven123 View Post
    Also is -80-90 a average speed for one of these ski non charged??
    Maybe a bit more, I take it you mean kmh, not mph. My wifes gtx shows 60-64 mph at wot. Not sure how accurate this is though as i know the dials are a bit out.

Engine light still there grrrrrr

+1
    look closely at the two 30 amp fuse that go to the battery they are next to the mpem check the holders close mine were burnt in a way that i could not see pull the fuses if there is any discoloration you may have a bad connection shorts in the wiring harness are a bitch to find take your time check closely use dielectric grease on connection to protect good luck i feel your pain

Thanx now the p1681 code is only left helppppp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information