Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11

    725cc or 1000cc injectors for 17-20 psi boost on SHO

    What injectors are you running with 17-20 psi boost with ViPEC/Motec ECU on SHO ?

    Reason i ask is i have heard that the 1000cc are overkill. Im talking 55 psi fuel pressure. Im getting ready to buy a set.


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    This type of conversation has occured a few times for these injectors. From what I remember 1,000 cc injectors may be overkill, but you will not need larger ones. Ever... Unless we start making over 500hp.
    The decision was made easier since the price is the same for 750cc or 1,000cc. Kind of a why not get the 1,000cc injectors?
    So, if an owner only wants up to say 400 hp max, 750cc is plenty.

  3. #3
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    This type of conversation has occured a few times for these injectors. From what I remember 1,000 cc injectors may be overkill, but you will not need larger ones. Ever... Unless we start making over 500hp.
    The decision was made easier since the price is the same for 750cc or 1,000cc. Kind of a why not get the 1,000cc injectors?
    So, if an owner only wants up to say 400 hp max, 750cc is plenty.
    Pretty easy though, using the ViPEC and Riva 3 bar and their base tunes, it would work out nice. Wont the Baro sensor compensate for altitude etc along with the 1000cc's?

  4. #4
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    I can send Rob my data and go from there. I might just get the 1000cc's. Can always take fuel out.

  5. #5
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    I went 1000cc on mine. Due to the cost. I didnt want to buy another set again. I leant this from my drag car days, buying 880cc (X6) - 1000cc (X6 then times eight) - 1750cc (times eight). I had alot of little paper weights laying around...LOL
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 01-01-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: 8

  6. #6
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    I went 1000cc on mine. Due to the cost. I didnt want to buy another set again. I leant this from my drag car days, buying 880cc (X6) - 1000cc (X6 then times eight) - 1750cc (times eight). I had alot of little paper weights laying around...LOL
    You got it Richie.....LOL

  7. #7
    What size is the engine ?
    what mods do you have ?
    what is your static CR
    1000cc injectors are a bit big if you only going to do 500hp unless you are going to run E85
    all the new style of injectors are way better now you do not need them that big

  8. #8
    FZS-T
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South..South...Florida
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    What injectors are you running with 17-20 psi boost with ViPEC/Motec ECU on SHO ?

    Reason i ask is i have heard that the 1000cc are overkill. Im talking 55 psi fuel pressure. Im getting ready to buy a set.
    Running 1k CC with Vipec and 3 bar map sensor at about 20-22 PSI Fuel Preassure set at 40 PSI static

  9. #9
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by bug man nrg View Post
    What size is the engine ?
    what mods do you have ?
    what is your static CR
    1000cc injectors are a bit big if you only going to do 500hp unless you are going to run E85
    all the new style of injectors are way better now you do not need them that big

    Most of those questions are answered just by knowing what ski is being discussed (in the Subject line) and having common knowledge of said ski. We don't make a habit of running what will get us by and running lean can cost some big bucks (relative) to fix these motors. Things change fast here and will continue doing so.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Do not even waste your time with the 725's
    Go straight to the 1000cc

    ViPEC and MoTeC already have base maps for the 1000's so this makes things easy for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors for FZR
    By BAYOU FZR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 08:50 AM
  2. WTB - Parts Will trade new 1000cc injectors for 725cc injectors
    By yol937 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM
  3. #42 or #50 injector for the new I Control Jets with BOSCH ECU ?
    By RXP-X 2011 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
  4. 1000CC Injectors for sale Brand new still in box
    By Ricky Bobby in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
  5. WTB-55# and/or 60# injectors for 06'RXP
    By Alex13 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •