Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gp1300r exhaust warning light after 10 min. of riding... Help!!

Hi everyone: I have a 2008 gp1300r with 100hs. on it. A few days ago te exhaust overheat warning light comes on for the first time while riding for about 30 mins..... i stop the ski for aprox 1 min. and then started it again and exhaust warning cleared out. Today i went for a ride and exhaust overheat warning light comes again and again every 10 minutes of riding.... left pilot seems to discharge water properly, while the right one dont discharge as much as the one of the left...... could this be the problem ??? any help will be appreciated!!!

+1
    Remove the cat-con and replace with a D plate

is it common that the cat dies after only 100hs. and cause overheat ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    is it common that the cat dies after only 100hs. and cause overheat ??
    Yup! They are very well known for breaking apart.

+1
    In regarding the left side ( port) spraying stronger than the right side (starboard) I believe its because the left side hose sits lower in the waterjacket.. that takes out the water first... Then as water fills the all of the waterjacket and pressure rises , the higher hoses (starboard) and back (stern) release water ... You see this when flushing your ski on the trailer..just my theory

Ok guys thanks for all your help, i will get the D plate and take off the cat, will i need the cat sensor chip also???

here is the chip method for the newer efi ski`s...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137862

To plug the hole up from when you remove the cat temp sensor use a 12mm X 1.25 automotive oil drain plug and a copper or aluminum gasket tighten to spec.

Thanks for the info pale rider, im kind of noob with the problems of the gpr, as i have 100hs. on it with 0 issues until this...... i did a scan with the mode button and code 48 appears very quick, then code 01 stays displayed, so i assume there are no sensor malfunctions and the problem is the cat for sure as the other guys told me. ill get the d plate and do the cat temp sensor. is there any problem if i continue using the ski with the warning signal ??

Quote Originally Posted by rologp View Post
    Thanks for the info pale rider, im kind of noob with the problems of the gpr, as i have 100hs. on it with 0 issues until this...... i did a scan with the mode button and code 48 appears very quick, then code 01 stays displayed, so i assume there are no sensor malfunctions and the problem is the cat for sure as the other guys told me. ill get the d plate and do the cat temp sensor. is there any problem if i continue using the ski with the warning signal ??
    if it were me, I wouldn`t continue to ride it until i knew for sure what was going on... IF the cat broke up it could make its way down the stinger and into the water box...
    That`s very good that you went 100 hours without a glitch... I went 124 hours on a modded craft before the ring locator pin moved...'
    code 48 is incorrect data transmission, what I recommend is to disconnect the battery with the negative cable first, then unplug every connector up by the front of the craft leading to the gauge cluster first. check for corrosion, loose pins etc, the apply die-electric grease and push the connector back together...also do this for the rest of the electrical connections, paying attention to the large grey plastic connections for the fuel injection up under the left side of the ski to the left above the oil tank... check all ground wires...
    this is to assure that all the connections are clean and good b4 you continue to futher diagnose the code 48. chances are this will take care of that...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15558

well, las nigth i removed the rear section of the exhaust to take off the cat, and found it completly loose inside the exhaust.... so i guess that was the problem with the warning light..... the cat sensor is twisted back because of the cat movement. I already ordered the D-plate and the sensor chip. Now my concern is that the big grommet soldered to the cat housing in the back of it is loose!!! so i assume it made its way all trough the exhaust to the water box..... im afraid those satšinless pieces could make a hole in the aluminum water box. Any thoughts???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information