Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ok to run riva waterbox/J pipe on stock engine?

No other modifications.

Safe for the engine?

Safe thing to do, release excess back pressure. You will lower your detenation threshhold, give your ski quicker power making for the bottom to mid band, and overall a more fluid engine operation. But, the thing is too loud. Old school tip was to exhaust mod a stock engine, and about the only thing you did that gave the engine more power combined with better fuel ecconomy, be it only small gains.

I noticed the better fuel economy and the midrange game, and I do love how loud it is!!

Non jetski people shall add you to their hate list. Be mindful and try not to exasperate the pending issues relating to PWC's cons in waterways, if you are a rec rider. We both have noise pollution so i recommend the use of your craft Offshore as much as possible.

I'm looking at drilling some of the baffles, and I do ride off shore. My ski is completley stock engine wise and like the idea of alittle more pull and a growl.

You will get the desired effect with the U bend mod or a gutted or modiffied baffled waterbox [2007 and 2008 mod]. Riva full kit compares equally or with little benefit over what you can perform yourself. Just my oppinion after reviewing posts and personal tests with both 2007 and 2008 models.

+1
    All I willsay is after drilling the holes in the waterbox, I ended up needing to buy another stock WB. I am all about noise because while I am not fast, the sound gave me a few extra MPH to others listening who said that sounds good then as soon as I gave it the gas they were listening to it for a little while said damn that thing is too loud. This is just me. for what was not really gained, it was not at all worth it to me and ended up wasting the money gutting the old WB to just have laying on a shelf in my shop.

To answer your question, yes I think it is safe. Just as you put a better flowing exhaust on a vehicle or a motorcycle without mods.

Leave the waterbox stock. The last thing this sport needs is another reason for other "Groups" and "Boaters" to want to kick us off the waterways (due to increased noise). I don't have first hand knowledge about other parts of the world, but here in the US we are among the "least liked" vessels on the water (for many reasons). Don't give others more ammunition to want to kick us off the waterways . . . . !

John B, same in Aust. My tip tell people to "Ride like your going somewhere" and everyone will get off our back. It's the constant circle work that seems annoying to non-jetski people. Amaze them when you fade out into the distance and not return every 2 min for that "look at me,did you hear that" treatment. This way noise is acceptable to most on the open waters, especially if you keep off the gas just out from the ramp. Protect the sport for us all, thanks.

All my riding is off shore, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information