Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Intro and questions

    My name is Barry. Recently inherited a 2006 RXP with failed SC. Am skilled mech with most of my machines but new to PWC. It has 86 original hrs and is stock. Has been sitting since failure. I live on a lake in FL and consulted local Sea Doo dealer who says ceramic washers are no longer used. Is that accurate and what should I do to get this ski up and running with min risk of failure? Not a racer but would like to use as reliable as possible for recreation. Throttle cable seemed stuck. Removed TB and observed crud accumulated against BF valve. Cleaned up and opens and closes freely now. Did not see much on back side. Spark plugs look perfect and oil seems good color on dipstick.

    Appreciate help!

    Barry


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Welcome to GH Barry!!!!Hope you enjoy your time here...I recommend getting a shop manual...It will help you tremendously..God knows its helped me out..As for the ski, your gonna need to pull the motor and then the pump covers..Here you will find screens that usually catch the broken washers and debris..Once the screens are cleaned of debris you need to clean and inspect the oil pumps.If the pumps have scoring on them they need to be replaced..Then seeing you have 86 hours on your machine and the clutches have already failed i would rebuild the Scer completely..the new kits come with metal washers that are far more reliable than the ceramics....

  3. #3
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    2,999
    +1
    123
    Here is a video, that will give you a perspective in how to repair your craft.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../1/SfN1qfM-uCI
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/hXanCbhnHQw
    you will need to do some research or message Jerry and ask him what all you need to replace the oil pumps.
    he can also rebuild your supercharger with up to specs parts.

    Do a search on the forum there are hundreds of threads that talk about the information you need.

    I have a copy of the shop manual I can send you free.

  4. #4
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Welcome to the forum!!

    Do as Snowman and Ultramaxracing05 stated.
    Since you dont know how long it was ran with the washers gone you will have to pull it apart and see what you find to see the damage.
    Most important is that you completely get the washers out of the motor and replace any worn parts.
    If not you will be rebuilding the motor down the road.
    The 4 tech is very easy to work on with a shop manual.
    Post some pics if you got any questions.

  5. #5
    Sit down, Shut up, and hang on!!! Karl Jackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Timaru New Zealand
    Posts
    60
    +1
    1
    Welcome Barry.
    The secrect with this type of toy is to take your time and DONT take any shortcuts.
    There are alot of good guys on here whom have had lots of experience and are always ready to help out.
    In regards to your problem if it was me I would be taking the whole motor apart and flushing every gallery taking no chances that a little bit of washer got past the screens.
    Check everything else as you put it back together and probably freshen her up with a new set of rings.
    Rebuild the supercharger, setting the slip to the right ammount and run the proper spec oi (JASO) in it. Not full synthetic.
    Good luck

  6. #6
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30
    it may be cheaper and faster to just replace SC with either stock or x-charger new charger's will come with a hole drilled in bearing side for better lube of bearing would be a good time to upgrade rear oil pump with sprayer to oil bearings even better like say take your time do research do it right

  7. #7
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30
    nice vids
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Here is a video, that will give you a perspective in how to repair your craft.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../1/SfN1qfM-uCI
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/hXanCbhnHQw
    you will need to do some research or message Jerry and ask him what all you need to replace the oil pumps.
    he can also rebuild your supercharger with up to specs parts.

    Do a search on the forum there are hundreds of threads that talk about the information you need.

    I have a copy of the shop manual I can send you free.

  8. #8
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    it may be cheaper and faster to just replace SC with either stock or x-charger new charger's will come with a hole drilled in bearing side for better lube of bearing would be a good time to upgrade rear oil pump with sprayer to oil bearings even better like say take your time do research do it right
    X2 on the x charger( and if you do go to the x charger make sure you add some 42lb injectors)
    I wouldn't worry about re-ringing the engine as it only has 86 hours on it....just my 2 cents...

  9. #9
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,223
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    X2 on the x charger( and if you do go to the x charger make sure you add some 42lb injectors)
    I wouldn't worry about re-ringing the engine as it only has 86 hours on it....just my 2 cents...
    also he has to buy a prop to accommodate the new charger

  10. #10
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    yes the wonderful domino affect...x charger is a really nice upgrade though

    watch the classifieds...you can make the buck go alot farther that way ...i think i built most of my ski buying parts there..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Member Intro and Question
    By dave_unknown in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM
  2. Newbie with GP800R and questions
    By Ric in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. introduction and question
    By hedgehog in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
  4. The new guy's intro and questions
    By eikcam in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM
  5. small problem and question
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •