Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intro and questions

My name is Barry. Recently inherited a 2006 RXP with failed SC. Am skilled mech with most of my machines but new to PWC. It has 86 original hrs and is stock. Has been sitting since failure. I live on a lake in FL and consulted local Sea Doo dealer who says ceramic washers are no longer used. Is that accurate and what should I do to get this ski up and running with min risk of failure? Not a racer but would like to use as reliable as possible for recreation. Throttle cable seemed stuck. Removed TB and observed crud accumulated against BF valve. Cleaned up and opens and closes freely now. Did not see much on back side. Spark plugs look perfect and oil seems good color on dipstick.

Appreciate help!

Barry

+1
    Welcome to GH Barry!!!!Hope you enjoy your time here...I recommend getting a shop manual...It will help you tremendously..God knows its helped me out..As for the ski, your gonna need to pull the motor and then the pump covers..Here you will find screens that usually catch the broken washers and debris..Once the screens are cleaned of debris you need to clean and inspect the oil pumps.If the pumps have scoring on them they need to be replaced..Then seeing you have 86 hours on your machine and the clutches have already failed i would rebuild the Scer completely..the new kits come with metal washers that are far more reliable than the ceramics....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Here is a video, that will give you a perspective in how to repair your craft.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../1/SfN1qfM-uCI
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/hXanCbhnHQw
    you will need to do some research or message Jerry and ask him what all you need to replace the oil pumps.
    he can also rebuild your supercharger with up to specs parts.

Do a search on the forum there are hundreds of threads that talk about the information you need.

I have a copy of the shop manual I can send you free.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!

Do as Snowman and Ultramaxracing05 stated.
    Since you dont know how long it was ran with the washers gone you will have to pull it apart and see what you find to see the damage.
    Most important is that you completely get the washers out of the motor and replace any worn parts.
    If not you will be rebuilding the motor down the road.
    The 4 tech is very easy to work on with a shop manual.
    Post some pics if you got any questions.

Sit down, Shut up, and hang on!!! Karl Jackson's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome Barry.
    The secrect with this type of toy is to take your time and DONT take any shortcuts.
    There are alot of good guys on here whom have had lots of experience and are always ready to help out.
    In regards to your problem if it was me I would be taking the whole motor apart and flushing every gallery taking no chances that a little bit of washer got past the screens.
    Check everything else as you put it back together and probably freshen her up with a new set of rings.
    Rebuild the supercharger, setting the slip to the right ammount and run the proper spec oi (JASO) in it. Not full synthetic.
    Good luck

+1
    it may be cheaper and faster to just replace SC with either stock or x-charger new charger's will come with a hole drilled in bearing side for better lube of bearing would be a good time to upgrade rear oil pump with sprayer to oil bearings even better like say take your time do research do it right

+1
    nice vids
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Here is a video, that will give you a perspective in how to repair your craft.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../1/SfN1qfM-uCI
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../0/hXanCbhnHQw
    you will need to do some research or message Jerry and ask him what all you need to replace the oil pumps.
    he can also rebuild your supercharger with up to specs parts.

Do a search on the forum there are hundreds of threads that talk about the information you need.

I have a copy of the shop manual I can send you free.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    it may be cheaper and faster to just replace SC with either stock or x-charger new charger's will come with a hole drilled in bearing side for better lube of bearing would be a good time to upgrade rear oil pump with sprayer to oil bearings even better like say take your time do research do it right
    X2 on the x charger( and if you do go to the x charger make sure you add some 42lb injectors)
    I wouldn't worry about re-ringing the engine as it only has 86 hours on it....just my 2 cents...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    X2 on the x charger( and if you do go to the x charger make sure you add some 42lb injectors)
    I wouldn't worry about re-ringing the engine as it only has 86 hours on it....just my 2 cents...
    also he has to buy a prop to accommodate the new charger

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    yes the wonderful domino affect...x charger is a really nice upgrade though

watch the classifieds...you can make the buck go alot farther that way ...i think i built most of my ski buying parts there..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information