Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

fuel injection rail.

has anyone heard of putting heat resistant packers between the injector rail and the engine. to help the fuel from evaporating out of the rail after you shut down the engine???. Heat soak.

+1
    you seem a bit confused the rail isnt connected to the engine the injector gets its fuel from the pressurised rail, the injector then fires into the inlet manifold. you maybe getting confused with the rogue inlet manifold spacer, that i wouldnt waste my aussie dollars on. seriously dont think this is your problem have another beer and settle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    you seem a bit confused the rail isnt connected to the engine the injector gets its fuel from the pressurised rail, the injector then fires into the inlet manifold. you maybe getting confused with the rogue inlet manifold spacer, that i wouldnt waste my aussie dollars on. seriously dont think this is your problem have another beer and settle
    but if you could get the alloy rail further away from the engine, then maybe the fuel wouldn't heat up and evaporate!

+1
    nope still disagree where's the fuel evaporating too? tell you now its not evaporating, soon as you hit the key the fuel pressures up to 43psi. i bet a car engine would run hotter and they dont suffer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    nope still disagree where's the fuel evaporating too? tell you now its not evaporating, soon as you hit the key the fuel pressures up to 43psi. i bet a car engine would run hotter and they dont suffer.
    i think the engine gets hotter when you turn it off. therefore maybe the heat from the engine heats up the alloy rail and makes the fuel evaporate. so when you try start the injectors inject air not fuel.

28deg water 40+ air temps never once stopped my ski from starting first time everytime after multiple island stops up northwest Aus. This spacer is not going to help your problem trust me, however the Rogue manifold spacer does what it is intended to do and would benefit the overall performance of any Ultra, if more power is your aim. less heat soak as you said. The problem is elsewhere. I would try parts interchanged from another craft, sooner or later the problem will be identified. ECU, V/regulator, fuel pump, manifold, Throttle body, etc. This method is all that's remaining when NO ONE else can come up with a solution. Feel for ya watto!!

+1
    the problem is if everything checks ok with the Kawasaki software then they thinks its fine. I told them about using Waz's software by doing the lambda test but there saying a waste of time.

It won't be a waste of time if it works.

+1
    i agree with them and so would waz, an afr test wont id your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    the problem is if everything checks ok with the Kawasaki software then they thinks its fine. I told them about using Waz's software by doing the lambda test but there saying a waste of time.

+1
    funny how when skip tested the spacer with logging ability it did jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    28deg water 40+ air temps never once stopped my ski from starting first time everytime after multiple island stops up northwest Aus. This spacer is not going to help your problem trust me, however the Rogue manifold spacer does what it is intended to do and would benefit the overall performance of any Ultra, if more power is your aim. less heat soak as you said. The problem is elsewhere. I would try parts interchanged from another craft, sooner or later the problem will be identified. ECU, V/regulator, fuel pump, manifold, Throttle body, etc. This method is all that's remaining when NO ONE else can come up with a solution. Feel for ya watto!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information