Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48

    fuel injection rail.

    has anyone heard of putting heat resistant packers between the injector rail and the engine. to help the fuel from evaporating out of the rail after you shut down the engine???. Heat soak.


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    you seem a bit confused the rail isnt connected to the engine the injector gets its fuel from the pressurised rail, the injector then fires into the inlet manifold. you maybe getting confused with the rogue inlet manifold spacer, that i wouldnt waste my aussie dollars on. seriously dont think this is your problem have another beer and settle

  3. #3
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    you seem a bit confused the rail isnt connected to the engine the injector gets its fuel from the pressurised rail, the injector then fires into the inlet manifold. you maybe getting confused with the rogue inlet manifold spacer, that i wouldnt waste my aussie dollars on. seriously dont think this is your problem have another beer and settle
    but if you could get the alloy rail further away from the engine, then maybe the fuel wouldn't heat up and evaporate!

  4. #4
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    nope still disagree where's the fuel evaporating too? tell you now its not evaporating, soon as you hit the key the fuel pressures up to 43psi. i bet a car engine would run hotter and they dont suffer.

  5. #5
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    nope still disagree where's the fuel evaporating too? tell you now its not evaporating, soon as you hit the key the fuel pressures up to 43psi. i bet a car engine would run hotter and they dont suffer.
    i think the engine gets hotter when you turn it off. therefore maybe the heat from the engine heats up the alloy rail and makes the fuel evaporate. so when you try start the injectors inject air not fuel.

  6. #6
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    552
    28deg water 40+ air temps never once stopped my ski from starting first time everytime after multiple island stops up northwest Aus. This spacer is not going to help your problem trust me, however the Rogue manifold spacer does what it is intended to do and would benefit the overall performance of any Ultra, if more power is your aim. less heat soak as you said. The problem is elsewhere. I would try parts interchanged from another craft, sooner or later the problem will be identified. ECU, V/regulator, fuel pump, manifold, Throttle body, etc. This method is all that's remaining when NO ONE else can come up with a solution. Feel for ya watto!!

  7. #7
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    the problem is if everything checks ok with the Kawasaki software then they thinks its fine. I told them about using Waz's software by doing the lambda test but there saying a waste of time.

  8. #8
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    552
    It won't be a waste of time if it works.

  9. #9
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    i agree with them and so would waz, an afr test wont id your problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    the problem is if everything checks ok with the Kawasaki software then they thinks its fine. I told them about using Waz's software by doing the lambda test but there saying a waste of time.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    funny how when skip tested the spacer with logging ability it did jack shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    28deg water 40+ air temps never once stopped my ski from starting first time everytime after multiple island stops up northwest Aus. This spacer is not going to help your problem trust me, however the Rogue manifold spacer does what it is intended to do and would benefit the overall performance of any Ultra, if more power is your aim. less heat soak as you said. The problem is elsewhere. I would try parts interchanged from another craft, sooner or later the problem will be identified. ECU, V/regulator, fuel pump, manifold, Throttle body, etc. This method is all that's remaining when NO ONE else can come up with a solution. Feel for ya watto!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. megasquirt fuel injection
    By chazavw in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 09:04 PM
  2. FS custom fuel rail for fuel injected GPR
    By N8R in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
  3. Polaris fuel injection
    By surfjetlouie in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
  4. Pre-mix fuel injection..sound off.
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:33 PM
  5. EFI CONTROLER & FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM FOR SALE
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •