Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Stupid ICer question....

Stupid question here....I just need a second ,third or even forth opinion to conclude i need a new ICer...On my ski it seeme like its been down on power for the last two years.Not as snappy as it should be...I was cleaning the ICers this morning and noticed on Missys(my Wifes) XS IC i could blow through it no problem..I could practically breath through it like there was nothing even there..Now on my Gen 1 Riva(which ive had for 4 years now) i tried to blow through it and it was kinda tough..if i needed to rely on it to breathe i would sufficate..I ran some CLR through it and it took forever for it to come out the other end while Missys it poured right out...So with this being said i have a good feeling my ICer is no good and courious how much power i lost do to this...Has anybody had a clogged IC,replaced it, and noticed a difference in power??if so how much AND did it change your AFRs much???

Thanks Guys
    Scott

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Stupid question here....I just need a second ,third or even forth opinion to conclude i need a new ICer...On my ski it seeme like its been down on power for the last two years.Not as snappy as it should be...I was cleaning the ICers this morning and noticed on Missys(my Wifes) XS IC i could blow through it no problem..I could practically breath through it like there was nothing even there..Now on my Gen 1 Riva(which ive had for 4 years now) i tried to blow through it and it was kinda tough..if i needed to rely on it to breathe i would sufficate..I ran some CLR through it and it took forever for it to come out the other end while Missys it poured right out...So with this being said i have a good feeling my ICer is no good and courious how much power i lost do to this...Has anybody had a clogged IC,replaced it, and noticed a difference in power??if so how much AND did it change your AFRs much???

Thanks Guys
    Scott
    SIMPLE solution bro. Put hers on your ski and see what happens

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Thanks Guys
    Scott
    Sno,
    I was wondering the same thing! I also have a riva gen1 IC and it's very tough to breath through! I was wondering if all of them are this way? Or is mine clogged? ( as I never tried breathing through it when it was new).... pretty sure mine is almost clogged, as the last ride I took I had a high temo alarms all day...
    Anyway, my gen 1 riva IC is the same way! (almost impossible to breath through)...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    SIMPLE solution bro. Put hers on your ski and see what happens
    Wish it was that easy, have to change all the bracketry around because of my HX...

Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Sno,
    I was wondering the same thing! I also have a riva gen1 IC and it's very tough to breath through! I was wondering if all of them are this way? Or is mine clogged? ( as I never tried breathing through it when it was new).... pretty sure mine is almost clogged, as the last ride I took I had a high temo alarms all day...
    Anyway, my gen 1 riva IC is the same way! (almost impossible to breath through)...
    OK, so at least i know the Gen 1s are tough to breathe through..Now is this norm??Or are we getting clogged??..I never had high temp lights come on, BUT thats because I run a different cooling setup so i wouldnt know if i was clogged that way or not...I have 2 dedicated lines..one to the exhaust and one to the Icer....I know they say to put a pressure gauge on it to see what the water pressure is but i cant right now seeing the skis are winterized and its 23 degrees out right now...

+1
    Since its during the Winter, you have plenty of time to pick up an XS and refab your bracketry. After that your doubts will be erased. Piece/peace of mind is always nice to have.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Since its during the Winter, you have plenty of time to pick up an XS and refab your bracketry. After that your doubts will be erased. Piece/peace of mind is always nice to have.
    Ya Eric, it looks like im gonna have to get a new ICer,Wether its an XS or Vortec yet i dont know...Even if this one isnt clogged,its 4 years old now and is probley ready to be retired..

+1
    Sno, the gen 1's are a bit harder to blow through to begin with wich is why they get clogged so easily and also the reason they cool so well when new. When they get real clogged they throw the exhaust temp alarm, however, I have seen them lose performance well before that happens. I would replace it if it were me. You can fit an xs or an x cooler with the same pipes and bracket with some different clamps and couplers.

+1
    when you clean yours do you use the air conditioner cleaner and run it through with a old bilge pump?

+1
    No i used CLR..I havent had a chance to buy any AC cleaner..

+1
    im in the same boat your in...Do i just toss the riva/Vortech and through in a XS or do i try running some AC cleaner with the bilge pump like jerry recomends... I just know that when i used to build turbo cars XS power never preformed like Spearco or vortech... i would just hate to toss a vortech to the side to put in a XS power cooler...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information