Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: FZ Cooling

  1. #1
    drewnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    74

    FZ Cooling

    Hi.

    Anyone know of a cooling solution that utilises the OEM feed in but possibly replaces the 'X' junction and all the lines foward from that point? Would like to maintain flush connection too!!

    If anyone knows of a solution, product or work around let me know. Just basically want better cooling in a stock boat.

    Pics would be great!

    Also. Just been in Queensland for xmas...OMG..What a fu**en mess

    Cheers


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnz View Post
    Hi.

    Anyone know of a cooling solution that utilises the OEM feed in but possibly replaces the 'X' junction and all the lines foward from that point? Would like to maintain flush connection too!!

    If anyone knows of a solution, product or work around let me know. Just basically want better cooling in a stock boat.

    Pics would be great!

    Also. Just been in Queensland for xmas...OMG..What a fu**en mess

    Cheers
    Have a look at these kits.

    (for stock intercooler)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1434

    (for aftermarket intercooler)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1461

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Have a look at these kits.

    (for stock intercooler)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1434

    (for aftermarket intercooler)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1461
    What is the actual difference? I just ordered the JD innercooler from the store, which cooling kit should I order?

  5. #5
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    What is the actual difference? I just ordered the JD innercooler from the store, which cooling kit should I order?
    Only difference is the one for the stock cooler comes with a 1/2" thru-hull & 90* fitting for the strainer cover. Those parts are already included with the Riva Powercooler, so they didn't include them in the engine cooling kit for use with the Powercooler.

  6. #6
    drewnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    74
    I was hoping to just use the existing factory Water feed that currently comes into the 'x' fitting. I want to remove the 'X' fitting and do better routing etc from that point. Is this possible?

  7. #7
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    If I can suggest, you would be better off adding a 2nd feed so you can have a dedicated line to feed the intercooler.

    So keep the X, just block off the one exit that feeds water to the IC, then replace it with a dedicated line to the IC

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Have a look at these kits.

    (for stock intercooler)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1434

    (for aftermarket intercooler)




    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1461
    Jerry:
    I just received the kit and have a few questions about the instructions:

    1. This kit is primarily an engine cooling kit. I am more interested in the inner-cooler. Being in cool water I really do not want to add more cooling to the engine.

    2. Why do you have to remove the exhaust manifold.

    3. Wouldn't it make more sense to just add a second line from the pump that is dedicated to the inner-cooler. A little cleaner and more efficient than this kit.

  9. #9
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Jerry:
    I just received the kit and have a few questions about the instructions:

    1. This kit is primarily an engine cooling kit. I am more interested in the inner-cooler. Being in cool water I really do not want to add more cooling to the engine.

    2. Why do you have to remove the exhaust manifold.
    It's necessary to remove the manifold to install the fittings & hose included with the kit. It's inpossible to reach with the exhaust in the ski.
    3. Wouldn't it make more sense to just add a second line from the pump that is dedicated to the inner-cooler. A little cleaner and more efficient than this kit.
    It depends on you setup, but for many people...YES, YES & YES
    I just installed the Riva kit in my ski & I'm now having GIO issues. I should've learned my lesson with messing with the engine cooling after pulling out the R&D kit for the same reason. I was hoping the fact that Riva's kit keeps the tstat & the extra timing & rpm with the R2 would keep the oil temps high enough but no such luck. After 1-1/2 tanks of fuel the oil level is up more than 1/2 qt & it's not like I'm riding in icewater. Lake temps have been 66-68* with air in the 70's. I currently have the stock SC wheel in & I'm hoping the problem will go away once I up the boost, so I'm gonna try temporarily splicing in a short section of 3/8 hose in the 1/2" line that feeds the oil cooler to restrict water flow until the bigger wheel goes in.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Product! R&D SHO/FZ Water Cooled Supercharger System
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 05:51 PM
  2. what is the correct way to flush FZS/R with p/cooler and engine cooling?
    By AmishFZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
  3. Yes! Yamaha FZS is really cool!
    By aeciohg in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
  4. cooling the fzs
    By jdml in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 05:10 PM
  5. FZR/FZS/SHO Cooling system
    By AD4342 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •