Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva exhaust for the 09 FX HO

What should I expect if I install this system? Any performance gains? Will there be a change in the sound/tone of the exhaust? Reliability issues? Will adding this affect the air/fuel ratio in a negative way? I would like any input. Thanks.

or option 2, don't bother? lol

Any takers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba booey View Post
    What should I expect if I install this system? Any performance gains? Will there be a change in the sound/tone of the exhaust? Reliability issues? Will adding this affect the air/fuel ratio in a negative way? I would like any input. Thanks.
    Do it, you will love it. Julio...

+1

Thumbs up

Here is a link to the one I build before RIVA had one available...

Looks and sounds great. I remember watching your video before. Pretty cool Julio.

+1
    Thanks, Maybe you can help me as well. How is your ski on gas? How long can you ride for on a tank of gas at wide open throttle? I'm thinking on getting a second ski to use in the mean time with out the hassle of the super charger. A good reliable ski. Thank you, Julio...

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Thanks, Maybe you can help me as well. How is your ski on gas? How long can you ride for on a tank of gas at wide open throttle? I'm thinking on getting a second ski to use in the mean time with out the hassle of the super charger. A good reliable ski. Thank you, Julio...
    I ride ocean the majority of the time. I know that I have ridden the same distance (50 or miles) as a buddy on an Fzs. I used about a 1/2 tank and he was down to a 1/4. I've also ridden with an FX SHO and have seen him with buzzer going off and I still had a half a tank. I don't run WOT too often (for extended periods of time), so unfortunately I can give you any help with that. I had a starting issue when I first had the ski. It ended up being a bad battery (go figure). Hope it helps!!!

+1
    You should not have any reliability issues assuming you install the exhaust properly. A/F ratios will not be affected and the ECU would compensate regardless. Performance will vary based on what mods you have now but you will see a little better acceleration (you probably wont even notice it) but there is less back pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    You should not have any reliability issues assuming you install the exhaust properly. A/F ratios will not be affected and the ECU would compensate regardless. Performance will vary based on what mods you have now but you will see a little better acceleration (you probably wont even notice it) but there is less back pressure.
    Thanks. It is all stock. This would be the only thing I would do to the ski. I wouldn't mind having a different sound. I wasn't expecting too much in the way of performance. Still pondering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information