Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

why did Polaris not put trim on any of their 3 seat models?

I am currently working on the trim install on the SLTH that I'm rebuilding and I am just wondering why they didn't put trim on the 3 seaters.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I cannot say for sure, but my guess is:

1. the 3 seaters were equipped with reverse and really meant for recreational riding. The PRO's were meant to take care of the races.

2. Polaris actually had an optional "kit" to install trim on the 3 seaters. (Ph20craft installed one. It's in his gallery)

3. The 5 and 6* wedges were really meant for the larger hulls, so variable trim isn't really needed too much since they don't porpoise or "plow" too bad like the smaller hulls do.

+1
    Most three seaters do not come with trim. I know the Seadoo skis dont for sure. Its really not needed on a three seater so they don't porpoise too bad like the smaller hulls do.

Banned User
    +1
    Well Im trying it on my SLTH. I like the idea of being able to trim up on flat water for more speed, and trim down in the rough stuff to cut through a little better, rather than just using a wedge and being stuck with one setting.

+1
    I have the same hull that you have on both my boats and I can say that where we (you and I) use our Polaris skiis there isn't truly a need for trim for the 3 seaters. I have a 6 degree wedge on my X and still don't have any issues in rough water. You would get a better response from an ocean pro rideplate. I have one and I would swear by it for rough water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plrs X45 View Post
    I have the same hull ........ You would get a better response from an ocean pro rideplate. I have one and I would swear by it for rough water.
    +1

Banned User
    +1
    I will be doing the ride plate too. I have ridden an SLT 780 with an OP plate on it quite a bit and I will report the difference of having trim on it as well, as opposed to not having it. I can't imagine any drawback to having trim on it.

+1
    people have done this before. i have sold alot of SL trim units to customers upgrading a SLT. if i remember correct, the SLT hull, even has the correct markings in the rear for the motor/unit mounting.

i know some of the larger yamaha 3 seaters have trim, and reverse from the factory.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    people have done this before. i have sold alot of SL trim units to customers upgrading a SLT. if i remember correct, the SLT hull, even has the correct markings in the rear for the motor/unit mounting.

i know some of the larger yamaha 3 seaters have trim, and reverse from the factory.
    Hi John, Happy New Year!!!!

He is correct. The SLTX does have the trim motor location stamped into the hull. The SLT 750 does not though.

+1
    The trim just didn't benifit the 3 seater hull enough in Polaris's opinion to warrant them to installing them. However, the trim system will benifit the older SLT hulls more than the newer ones because the newer hulls have sponsons on them...thus putting it on older watercraft without sponsons will see a better improvement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information