Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to buy ATV

Looking to buy a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500. It is carb, not EFI. They want an additonal $1500 for EFI. I heard there are some issues with the EFI on the 500/550 anyway, but those may have been worked out by now. I will get a winch and plow put on.

I looked at some Can-Am Outlanders, but they are very expensive. They seem like great ATVs, but they are so ugly.

Sportsman MSRP is $6k. Minus $500 OEM promotion, try to negotiate another $500 bringing me to $5k+tax. Figuring another $600 or so for plow and winch, so I am looking at about $6k for everything.

The used market is stupid. They want about $1500 above blue book. It is nothing to see a 5 year old ATV go for 800 less than new. Kinda pisses me off.

Any suggestions from anyone?

+1
    I though many times about trading the DOO for a CAN-AM Renagade 800 but luv my doo... one day when i have more $$$ ill buy one.

+1
    Dealer here in Atl sells them for 5199 all day!!!

Sportsman's? I think/hope I can do better than that, the Polaris rebate brings it down to $5500. That is funded by Polaris, not the dealer. Dealers make about a grand per unit, so they have a little to negotiate. They also get kick backs based on how many units they sell, and it is exponential. More units, higher kick back per unit. And I am paying cash. The dealers are difficult to work with though. I work a lot and when I'm not I prefer to spend my free time with the family, so I try to get everything done over the phone. The keep wanting me to come in before they will give me a solid price. They guy I bought my RXP from was great, didn't meet him until I picked it up. We negotiated everything over the phone for a few days, and when I showed up there was no surprises. Sign the papers and load it up. I really hate surprises at the last second. He doesn't work there anymore though...bummer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Sportsman's? I think/hope I can do better than that, the Polaris rebate brings it down to $5500. That is funded by Polaris, not the dealer. Dealers make about a grand per unit, so they have a little to negotiate. They also get kick backs based on how many units they sell, and it is exponential. More units, higher kick back per unit. And I am paying cash. The dealers are difficult to work with though. I work a lot and when I'm not I prefer to spend my free time with the family, so I try to get everything done over the phone. The keep wanting me to come in before they will give me a solid price. They guy I bought my RXP from was great, didn't meet him until I picked it up. We negotiated everything over the phone for a few days, and when I showed up there was no surprises. Sign the papers and load it up. I really hate surprises at the last second. He doesn't work there anymore though...bummer.
    where did you buy your RXP

Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn

I bought mine at http://www.motorcitypowersports.com/ very easy to deal with with not extra hidden fee's might want to check them out. They sell most brands.

haha...bought my GTI from there. I hate them. Live ten minutes from there. They charge me $45 to reset my maintenance light every time. Dealers are dealers though, seems it more has to do with your sales person than the dealership. Glad you got a deal though, they couldn't touch my RXP price when I called them. I buy stuff from their, the part prices are good.

Hey, Rosenau is great to deal with. And motor city blows. Antoniodef you need to check out Lakeside Marine Repair on Martin Rd. I take my stuff from Grosse Pointe all the way out there. Worth the drive. Evan the owner is a great guy and used to race his prices are always fair. But anyway. Bought my doo from spicers in Houghton Lake. They had the best deal.

+1
    [QUOTE=antoniodef;1614835]
    I looked at some Can-Am Outlanders, but they are very expensive. They seem like great ATVs, but they are so ugly.

I own a Can Am 07 650 xt and yes they are expensive, but the best always is. The only other quad that can touch it is a 800 Can Am. What ever you do, pay the extra money to get EFI, better throttle response, more horsepower and starting. Carbs are things of the past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information