Hull Oxidation / Silver

Hey guys ,
    I would like your opinions on this.. I bought a 02 RXDI , there is a bit of oxidation on the nose and there was a In & Out burger sticker on the ski that I took off.. Well the sticker was obviously there a long time, it was burned into the gel coat ( I tried several things and it wasn't getting any better ) .. well I tried a light wet sand and it slowly disappeared .. I didn't go to deep .. so after drying i buffed it out and waxed it and that area where the sticker was now looks as good as if it were new ( except very tiny scratches if you look real close ( obviously ).. Well now the area around that is still oxidized ( a bit darker ) .. So should I wet sand the rest of the dark area to match the sticker spot?

I just noticed a thread on here about a product called Gel Gloss.. So I may give that a shot before wet sanding any further.
    Im very meticulous .. So im trying to clean this ski up the best I can.

Thank in advance for the opinions.
    Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2937.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	225590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2964.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	225591  

+1
    Almost looks like the dark spot is the correct color and everythign else needs to be sanded/polished.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucke.b View Post
    Hey guys ,
    I would like your opinions on this.. I bought a 02 RXDI , there is a bit of oxidation on the nose and there was a In & Out burger sticker on the ski that I took off.. Well the sticker was obviously there a long time, it was burned into the gel coat ( I tried several things and it wasn't getting any better ) .. well I tried a light wet sand and it slowly disappeared .. I didn't go to deep .. so after drying i buffed it out and waxed it and that area where the sticker was now looks as good as if it were new ( except very tiny scratches if you look real close ( obviously ).. Well now the area around that is still oxidized ( a bit darker ) .. So should I wet sand the rest of the dark area to match the sticker spot?

I just noticed a thread on here about a product called Gel Gloss.. So I may give that a shot before wet sanding any further.
    Im very meticulous .. So im trying to clean this ski up the best I can.

Thank in advance for the opinions.
    Chuck
    Great job on the area where the sticker was....I`ve not heard of the product you mention but you could use these as they are what i use. I use 3M Perfect-it III, Fast Cut Plus and Finesse-it for removing oxidation/fading and their Machine Polish for the final polishing. You can use these with a machine polisher or do it by hand, obviously the latter will take longer but is safer, certainly around the decals on the ski as you will burnt and damage these very easily with the machine polisher. Makes a great job and the results are outstanding. It`s what a lot of the car detailers/painters use here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Almost looks like the dark spot is the correct color and everythign else needs to be sanded/polished.
    Bingo. The rest of the finish needs to be restored. A detail shop could wheel it out quick for about $75.

Thread Information