Now a fat kid with boost! LS NASTY's Avatar

Riva Power Filter question

I just ordered the Riva free flow exhaust setup and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Power Filter kit. There site says you need to move up to a steeper pitch impeller. So I was wondering what prop to use and was wondering if anyone runs it with the stock rxp impeller without problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Woody

Don't waste your time...go with the Fizzle 4" kit. Gives you more RPMs and if you decide to mod further it will support those mods. It is cheaper too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LS NASTY View Post
    I just ordered the Riva free flow exhaust setup and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Power Filter kit. There site says you need to move up to a steeper pitch impeller. So I was wondering what prop to use and was wondering if anyone runs it with the stock rxp impeller without problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Woody
    If you see gains with any performance mods ie: Riva Powerfilter kit - you need to pitch your prop accordingly, so that you don't "ride" on the rev limiter. By adding a powerfilter kit you'll want to install a 14/19r Solas pump impeller or pitch your stock prop in order to keep away from the rev limiter at WOT. Ideally you will be at 8100 - 8160 RPM at full throttle - when you are done pitching or installing a different prop...

Here is what many riders do with their props when they add performance modifications to their skis. >> CLICK <<

GL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LS NASTY View Post

Thanks,
    Woody
    I would either go fizzle front or riva rear or speed freeks rear.
    As far as pitch it depends what your rpms were before.
    If you were down then prop will be good or if You were running 8100 rpm then you will need more pitch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I would either go fizzle front or riva rear or speed freeks rear.
    As far as pitch it depends what your rpms were before.
    If you were down then prop will be good or if You were running 8100 rpm then you will need more pitch.
    +1, definately go with the 4 inch intake, I had water ingestion problems with the power filter kit, the seat doesn't seal properly where the filter sits. That was the case on my 08 px anyways... Also with the after market filter I got away with running the stock prop. All depends on what weather you are riding in and many other factors.

Thread Information