rxpx cc race boat

I have bit the bullet and finally made enough money to buy a ski. I bought a rxpx with 80hrs and a bunch of extras had a few questions.
    the extras were riva xx charger which is supposed to put out 14 pounds boost also gave me the 50 pound injectors and a fuel presure regulator. Riva water box and power filter, oem manifold upgrade etc.
    I have a head done by a porsche guy named mj so i am thinking of putting that on which can handle up to 9000 rpm.
    So questions, should i rebuild the motor before the race season?
    what ecu should i run on it for best performance?
    Is there a way to tell if the head can handle the rpm i was told or see if it is a good head and valves? i got it in the trade for my kawi hull
    Last question anything special i should pay close attention to?
    what prop to run in salt water semi rough water
    I am looking to building a cc race boat very fast bouy to bouy an great hole shot.
    If what i have is not even close to what i need tell me please and if you would go anther route with head also tell me i am open to all opinions

Banned User
    +1
    what class are you going to race is the biggest question. no one can suggest anything until you tell. the rules are very different class to class

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    what class are you going to race is the biggest question. no one can suggest anything until you tell. the rules are very different class to class
    this is the joy of racing on an island... there arent much rules for engine mods.. just everyone race and buy as much parts as you can afford!

if got a c-kit 2010 rxtx260 with alllll sorts of goodies... its going to be a great year of racing

Put up picks of the head im sure u will get some comments!

like islandboy said it is an open class

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRXP4ME View Post
    So questions, should i rebuild the motor before the race season?why would you unless its got bad comp. or bad leak down?
    what ecu should i run on it for best performance?loaded question you'll get a million answers. i've tried the riva and the rotax8800 on my px. rotax pulls much harder but idle's like crap w/o their cam
    Is there a way to tell if the head can handle the rpm i was told or see if it is a good head and valves?dont forget springs.
    Last question anything special i should pay close attention to?all the speed's in the "little details"
    what prop to run in salt water semi rough water you'll get a lot of different answers here too. with the right work i'm sure either will be fast. rumor has it some top dogs have won at WF with reworked stock props...
    I am looking to building a cc race boat very fast bouy to bouy an great hole shot.
    If what i have is not even close to what i need tell me please and if you would go anther route with head also tell me i am open to all opinions
    going to need a good grate try the worx.... and lower your stock sponsons! you off to a good start. i'm sure others like rory and kinshin will chime in as they're far more experienced then me

Thread Information