Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: R2 vs. R3

R2 vs. R3

I would like to know, for those of you that had both, if it is worth the effort to go from a R2 to a R3 reflash?

+1
    Talk to jim he has done it before. I think he said that the R3 had better holeshot while the R2 was faster on top end. PM him

will know very soon i have both, soon the fzr is back together will know 100% FOR SURE.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Talk to jim he has done it before. I think he said that the R3 had better holeshot while the R2 was faster on top end. PM him
    You are correct waterholic including my ski i have tested it on 4 ski's back to back and the results were all the same the R3 hit's harder on bottom but the R2 pulls harder on top about 30 rpm more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    You are correct waterholic including my ski i have tested it on 4 ski's back to back and the results were all the same the R3 hit's harder on bottom but the R2 pulls harder on top about 30 rpm more.
    Was there any difference on air/fuel management on topend? Was this made up with or without the Powershot or RRFPR? What were the "top" rpms you were running? Once you go past the boost limit of the 2bar MAP senser I'm just curious as to how its guessed after that. Rpm and AIT? 4 skis back to back with only 30 rpm difference is some pretty hard data!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Was there any difference on air/fuel management on topend? Was this made up with or without the Powershot or RRFPR? What were the "top" rpms you were running? Once you go past the boost limit of the 2bar MAP senser I'm just curious as to how its guessed after that. Rpm and AIT? 4 skis back to back with only 30 rpm difference is some pretty hard data!!
    Hello Duke A/F were used on every test and the A/F with the R2 & R3 were all staying in the 12.1 to 12.5 range wide open on flat water with no bounce at all to throw the readings off.

+1
    Hello Duke A/F were used on every test and the A/F with the R2 & R3 were all staying in the 12.1 to 12.5 range wide open on flat water with no bounce at all to throw the readings off.
    What kind of boost levels were you running? R2 seemed to go to crap on me after 15psi making the Powershot mandatory at that point and made it hard to pull good data.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What kind of boost levels were you running? R2 seemed to go to crap on me after 15psi making the Powershot mandatory at that point and made it hard to pull good data.
    2 ski's were running E1 wheels about 16 plus at 8640 rpm and the other 2 ski's were with H1 wheels 20 plus at 8520 rpm And you are correct Duke both needed the power shot without it i was getting a Map code past 15 psi. of boost.

+1
    2 ski's were running E1 wheels about 16 plus at 8640 rpm and the other 2 ski's were with H1 wheels 20 plus at 8520 rpm And you are correct Duke both needed the power shot without it i was getting a Map code past 15 psi. of boost.
    Was the R3 easier to tune on top with the Powershot fuel enrichment? Supposedly they increased the duty cycle by rpm and AIT on the R3 compared to the R2. With the R2 I had to almost max out the powershot with the E1 wheel and GPR injectors, how were you able to get the H1 wheels and R2 to fuel? Were they different Powershots or all the same? Have the parimeters been changed on them?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information