View Poll Results: Are triple pipes practical for an ocationsal rec ride as well as kickin' A$$!?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

3 13.04%
  • I don't get to vote I have no experiance with trips.

11 47.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poll on Trips...

Who thinks a triple pipe ski can still be ridden recreationally without TONS of extra work?

A tripple pipe ski can be ridden recreationally as long as you understand that after each ride you check all your hose fittings and clamps and re check again,what i suggest you do is when you get down to the ramp back the ski into the water half submerged and start the ski up and warm it up on the trailer with the seat off so that the pipes get full of water and check for any leaks before going for a ride,every now and then stop and check for leaks on your ride break ,invest in a good bilge pump,all jokes aside there is nothing like the sound of a big bore triple pipe alcohol fed arm ripping monstor screaming down the river ,ENOUGH SAID
    Last edited by joeblo; 11-08-2006 at 04:56 PM.

+1
    depends on wether your going to do it yourself with help over the phone or if you have someone who has done a bunch of them do it for you, or at least do it together so that you will know how to work on it.

I have a second set of pipes because i already expect #3 pipe to crack after a cetain amount of usage. That way one will be getting a warranty fix at FP and the back-up will be on the ski.

Most will probably discourage you from doing this kind of upgrade to your ski (at least the ones that have had nothing but trouble with their ski's in the past). I am expecting to have to check things more frequently and show the ski a little TLC---some say that's no fun. Some people want to ride and not have to own a socket set. I say to those type people---go and buy a stock ski and you'll only have to use the tool kit that it comes with.

I am excited about getting tripples done, mostly because i already know what to expect and i have a good teacher to help me. Personnally scott i hope you do it man!!

+1
    The rear pipe breakage is DIRECTLY related to the engine being too far back, and the rear pipe hitting the 1200 electrical box. Move the engine forward just an 1/8" and the problem goes away. Press the intermeddiate shaft forward just a tad.

I'm amazed at how reliable mine is, once I get the kinks worked out after each rebuild. I rarely pull the seat off at the house, except to hook up the battery tender jr.

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    Never had a problem with my 1200 fpp triples.

Ran that boat for 66 hours before it got sold. Didn't miss a beat, in fact it couldn't be beat around here...at 77mph.... Times change! Hard to believe gpr are going 90+mph now

I am looking for another set of trips for my current 1200 now.

These single pipers might run strong but the pull of a big 2-stroke with trips and the screaming wail it makes at 8000rpm is awesome.
    Nothing like a tuned set of expansion chambers on a big triple.

Mark is 100% right, the rear pipe is way to close to the electrical box.
    Fix that and you will probably have a trouble fee set up.
    I never thought of moving the motor forward. Good idea Mark.

I relocated my battery and elec box out of the way.
    Every time the motor torques or you slam down off a wave or jump the rear pipe banged my elec box, you could see the marks.

allcool

+1
    Mark i noticed that you said 1200 elec box. I have a 1300 box that is half the size of the 1200, so it shouldn't hit.

+1
    You should be okey dokey. It only hits on the bottom starboard.

Want to clean it up some more?

Run all your wiring down under where the carbs go.

Thanks all! That's just the type of info I was looking for... Now I'm just waiting for Advent??? How long we all been saying that?

If you go msd you can completely rip out the electricl box ,have 1 for sale complete $500 delivered

+1
    NO YOU DO NOT WANT TRIPPLES !!! atleast not until I get em first

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information