Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How many rpm loss with Tbm pump cone

How many rpm will I lose with Tbm con. looking at fitting one tomorrow for a test this weekend. Running a 13/26 at 8600 rpm at the moment any ideas what prop I should try with cone

+1
    I've been asking for a while Mike but the silence is still deafening.
    I'm guessing 350-400 but it's a wild guess.
    I have mine setup on a stocker 155mm pump in Little Pig, but time and floodwaters is holding that testing up atm.

Let me know how you go and we can swap notes if you wish.

will go for a play on saturday with a propper test when the conditions get a bit better.

I didn't have a gauge to it when I tested but off the stock tach I only lost about 150rpms. What ECU are you running? With the R2 and TBM cone, the 13/24 is the trick, I couldn't spin the 13/26 fast enough. The difference in holeshot was rediculous though, highly suggest this to anybody contemplating this or the 160mm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by StockYami View Post
    I didn't have a gauge to it when I tested but off the stock tach I only lost about 150rpms. What ECU are you running? With the R2 and TBM cone, the 13/24 is the trick, I couldn't spin the 13/26 fast enough. The difference in holeshot was rediculous though, highly suggest this to anybody contemplating this or the 160mm.
    what s.c. wheel are you using?
    did you notice any cavitation with the r2 and the tbm cone?
    what exit nozzle are you using?

due to only $112 difference in price for a twin prop i have been leaning away from the tbm cone.

if someone can share some more detailed info that would be great.

+1
    subscribed
    Trying to decide between the TBM cone and twin prop myself

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    subscribed
    Trying to decide between the TBM cone and twin prop myself
    also interested im thinking TBM as i assume this is easier to set up unlike the twin prop

keep the info comming guy,your great pioneer's

I ran the 13/26 on a stock ecu, but the rpms were at 7900-8000. It would jump on the limiter, but before it hit that's where the rpms tached out at. I got the R2 now hooked up but untuned since it's 20 out. I know the rpms will be too low to get any benefit, so I'm going back to 13/24 and going to work from there. A lot of guys on here said the 13/24 and R2 are the way to go. I'd be anxious to try the twin prop, but it kills top end where the TBM cone didn't affect it. I've got the ET low boost wheel, Riva powercooler. I also have the Riva waterbox coming, going to see if that helps out at all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by StockYami View Post
    I ran the 13/26 on a stock ecu, but the rpms were at 7900-8000. It would jump on the limiter, but before it hit that's where the rpms tached out at. I got the R2 now hooked up but untuned since it's 20 out. I know the rpms will be too low to get any benefit, so I'm going back to 13/24 and going to work from there. A lot of guys on here said the 13/24 and R2 are the way to go. I'd be anxious to try the twin prop, but it kills top end where the TBM cone didn't affect it. I've got the ET low boost wheel, Riva powercooler. I also have the Riva waterbox coming, going to see if that helps out at all.
    Hmmmm, I was under the impression that the TBM cone cost you 2 mph and several 100 rpm up top, just like the twin prop....
    I am sure there is an old thread were this has been compared/tested, but more back to backs would be great

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    Hmmmm, I was under the impression that the TBM cone cost you 2 mph and several 100 rpm up top, just like the twin prop....
    I am sure there is an old thread were this has been compared/tested, but more back to backs would be great
    It should in theory increase top speed because it increases pump pressure by making the hub bigger. Same physics that made the the newer HO GPR pumps faster than the older ones that had a smaller hub. Yesterday the new spacer arrived from TBM for use with Skat impellers, so hopefully I can get some testing in with it this week...just waiting on some Amsoil to arrive first.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information