Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205

    Question Considering a R1 and questions

    I am looking to take my stage 1 FZR to the next level and I am very seriously considering the R1 to meet my goals. My main reason for the R1 is reliability, I ride in the ocean mainly.

    Ok so here's my questions... how many MPHs can I expect to gain with the R1? I would pitch my skat to a 13/20 or maybe even a 13/19. Right now I can race a stock FZR and be about a ski faster right out of the hole. How much of an increase in acceleration would I see with the R1? For the gurus, compared to the stock ECU, how much more timing does the R1 have? and how much more timing does the R2 have compared to the R1?

    I would ideally like to keep my RPMs around 8300. Does the R1 have a soft limiter at 8450 or is that when the hard limiter kicks in?

    Hurry up spring!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to the Caribbean
    Posts
    608
    +1
    1
    With what you have we have seen 75 at 8600 with a R2. Do you have the R&D intake grate?

  3. #3
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I am looking to take my stage 1 FZR to the next level and I am very seriously considering the R1 to meet my goals. My main reason for the R1 is reliability, I ride in the ocean mainly.

    Ok so here's my questions... how many MPHs can I expect to gain with the R1? I would pitch my skat to a 13/20 or maybe even a 13/19. Right now I can race a stock FZR and be about a ski faster right out of the hole. How much of an increase in acceleration would I see with the R1? For the gurus, compared to the stock ECU, how much more timing does the R1 have? and how much more timing does the R2 have compared to the R1?

    I would ideally like to keep my RPMs around 8300. Does the R1 have a soft limiter at 8450 or is that when the hard limiter kicks in?

    Hurry up spring!
    i

  4. #4
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I am looking to take my stage 1 FZR to the next level and I am very seriously considering the R1 to meet my goals. My main reason for the R1 is reliability, I ride in the ocean mainly.

    Ok so here's my questions... how many MPHs can I expect to gain with the R1? I would pitch my skat to a 13/20 or maybe even a 13/19. Right now I can race a stock FZR and be about a ski faster right out of the hole. How much of an increase in acceleration would I see with the R1? For the gurus, compared to the stock ECU, how much more timing does the R1 have? and how much more timing does the R2 have compared to the R1?

    I would ideally like to keep my RPMs around 8300. Does the R1 have a soft limiter at 8450 or is that when the hard limiter kicks in?

    Hurry up spring!
    i would recommend starting with a r2.
    with a riva exit nozzle you can fine tune your rpms.
    with the c3 wheel and a 14/23 skat i was able to tune my rpms from 8300 to 8650 by using 83mm to 86mm rings.
    the 85mm ring gave me the best top speed.

  5. #5
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i would recommend starting with a r2.
    with a riva exit nozzle you can fine tune your rpms.
    with the c3 wheel and a 14/23 skat i was able to tune my rpms from 8300 to 8650 by using 83mm to 86mm rings.
    the 85mm ring gave me the best top speed.
    Yep, exactly.

  6. #6
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    With what you have we have seen 75 at 8600 with a R2. Do you have the R&D intake grate?
    I have the RD grate and pump seal kit. What RPM was the 75 achieved at? R2 rev limit is 8750 and R1 is 8450... quite a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    i would recommend starting with a r2.
    with a riva exit nozzle you can fine tune your rpms.
    with the c3 wheel and a 14/23 skat i was able to tune my rpms from 8300 to 8650 by using 83mm to 86mm rings.
    the 85mm ring gave me the best top speed.
    Again, I want to keep the ski very reliable so the R2 and C3 are unlikely for the time being.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to the Caribbean
    Posts
    608
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I have the RD grate and pump seal kit. What RPM was the 75 achieved at? R2 rev limit is 8750 and R1 is 8450... quite a difference.



    Again, I want to keep the ski very reliable so the R2 and C3 are unlikely for the time being.
    8600 RPMS with a R&D plate, only thing is that I would get a C1 at least if not you will be rich with the R2. You can tell R&D to put your limit in the R2 to 8600 which will be safe for the internals.

    The reflashs are the best bang for the buck.

  8. #8
    lukygomes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Luanda - Angola
    Posts
    74
    Hi,

    I have the R1 reflash + B1 + mods on my signature, and I'm seeing 75.1 mph @ 8400.
    I'm very pleased with how my ski behaves and I'm keeping it withing the "reliable range" (well, that's until I get caught again by the "mods fever" Lol)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    235
    +1
    1
    You can only go so far with the limiters. You have to get them out of the way or raised high enough where you can get some real gains from your ski. Im runing my stock prop and would suggest getting your mods done before changing your prop. Otherwise, you will find yourself changing it out after every mod.

  10. #10
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,806
    +1
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I have the RD grate and pump seal kit. What RPM was the 75 achieved at? R2 rev limit is 8750 and R1 is 8450... quite a difference.



    Again, I want to keep the ski very reliable so the R2 and C3 are unlikely for the time being.
    Mike, don't get too hungup on where the rev limit is set in the ECU because your prop pitch is ultimately what sets your rpm. I've read several of Jerry's & Hitman's posts explaining how the OEM ECU does a really good job of controlling rev spikes when unhooking & have seen the same thing in my testing, so I wouldn't really worry too much about hurting your motor due to a higher limiter in the ECU. After playing a little with pitch & nozzle size I gained 6-7mph with the R2 @ 8450 with the C1. The gains might be a little more modest with a stock wheel because it kind of runs out of steam after 8K.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. results on mods, info and question?
    By vduzin12 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 11:34 AM
  2. Newbie with GP800R and questions
    By Ric in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. introduction and question
    By hedgehog in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
  4. The new guy's intro and questions
    By eikcam in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM
  5. small problem and question
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •