Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Core 2 Duo Computer

Just tinkering.
    These new systems FLY.

Very nice! I will be building my self a core 2 duo computer here soon. I'm an AMD fan but man I love the core 2 duo

+1
    wow I have nevr seen inside my computer...That looks good...

ROFL on the old posts, just lookin through the older ones. I just got myself (with parents help) a new computer. AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 2gigs DDR2 800 RAM, Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe Mobo and an 8800 soon to be bought sometime next month before a LAN party Ill take pics sometime this week

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    ROFL on the old posts, just lookin through the older ones. I just got myself (with parents help) a new computer. AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 2gigs DDR2 800 RAM, Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe Mobo and an 8800 soon to be bought sometime next month before a LAN party Ill take pics sometime this week
    thats similar to wat i have. amd 6000+, 2gb crucial ddr 800, asus m2n-sli, and 2 7900 gt's...rock solid and runs bioshock, UT III, and TF2 on high settings 60+ fps. great pc for the money, think i spent like 500 minus the case, power supply, and hard drive (i already had them sitting around).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDR_1319.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	42748  

+1
    I hate the new btx board designs. I just got an asus 8600 silent nvidia card for my core 2 duo and had to do some hack sawing on the thing to get it to fit.

Nice mark, are you gonna run vista? I have been running 64 bit vista since last November and absolutely love it. I know 64 bit is overkill, i run 32 bit at work.

+1
    I havent thought about it. I figured I'd let the bold folks shelf-test Vista for a year or so, then move up. My MSI motherboard never worked right. I went with an ASUS with the 6800, and the 2G. I built another one for the livingroom that has a near silent PS, using a fanless chip heatsink, and a cheeseball non-fan vid card. The system is nearly as quiet or moreso than most laptops.
    Last edited by Hydrotoys; 10-24-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1

Yea I didnt spend too much, I had my HD, PSU, and a few others from my old computer I had that still run nice, I still only have the 7900gt, runs games right now fine, and CoD4 Demo runs just fine and still looks amazing, but I will be stepping up to an 8800 next month. How is UT3, I cant find the demo anywhere

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I havent thought about it. I figured I'd let the bold folks shelf-test Vista for a year or so, then move up. My MSI motherboard never worked right. I went with an ASUS with the 6800, and the 2G. I built another one for the livingroom that has a near silent PS, using a fanless chip heatsink, and a cheeseball non-fan vid card. The system is nearly as quiet or moreso than most laptops.

I just bought a laptop and using Vista at home for the first time. Cant say I love it yet..Has some issues. I am waiting for SP1 to come out and it should be solid..Like the look and features in Vista though, just wish they would work all the time...

I wish I could put a nice video card in the servers that i support here at work. they are HP Proliant DL580 G5 servers..Quad core Intel with 16gb ram and expandable up to 128GB. We use them as virtual servers so they are pretty beefy...Not exactly quiet though and keeping them cool would be a bitch also...keeping them cool is our biggest problem...Some of the racks we are looking at are liquid cooled, but cost mucho bucks......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information