1100 STX hour meter memory and parts question

Just now getting to work on this ski after 5 years of sitting in my back yard with no battery connected. I connected all the electrical last night and to my surprise the digital instruments came to life. I installed another electrical box from a different ski but the instrument is original as far as I know.
    -Are the hours stored in non-volatile memory in the instrument only or does the ignition module affect it?
    -The overlay is cracked at the mode and set buttons, can I purchase another overlay? If not is there a way to seal/fix it.

+1
    The hourmeter is in the display.

Don't know any good way to fix it. You might try putting some of that clear packaging tape over it or something, but that won't last long. If you could get some of the clear membrane film that is used on appliance control panels, that might work better. The display is a sealed unit and really isn't serviceable. If it works, pull it out and seal the rubber fitting where the wires enter the back with 3M 5200. If the 'Ski gets flipped upside down, you don't want water getting in there. The seal doesn't hold water when it gets old. I know...

So does it have a non-volatile memory, are the hours shown likely to be accurate even since it has not been powered for the last 5 years?

+1
    I don't know how long it will hold the data. I've swapped a couple that had been disconnected for months and they still had the data.

The data stored in the dash meter is accurate & permanent, same thing on Kawi motorcycles with digital dash meter.

There is no replacement parts available for the dash meter from Kawi.

With that 1100 STX display can you use a display from a Ultra 150/130 if it needed to be replaced?

Thread Information