Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Sea Doo RXP 2006 trouble !!

My watercraft worked perfectly. I decided to check all electrical connections as I always do routinely every 6 months. After disconnect, inspect and reconnect all cables, when putting the key in the watercraft, the display of the jet tachometer and hours of use lights and then immediately goes off followed by one long beep and notice of maintenance shown in the panel. The jet continued working perfectly now but without showing the engine speed and hours of use. What should I do? What can be?
    Thanks,
    SÚrgio

I hate to say this for the fear of being too obvious but did you plug everything back in? Recheck the wires and all the connections.

+1
    Is it the right key ?

Yes, i rechecked. Everything is plugged and it is the right key. One friend who owns a retail BRP here in Brazil said to me that there is some wire broken or rusty and that he will dismantle the entire harness to verify.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like the console lost it's coding, If he's a seadoo dealer he can reflash the console from buds. the 2005-6 consoles seem to have a problem in this area, specially when they get wet.

Pete,
    I tried plugging the BUDS but it does not communicate with the jet, the only thing he shows me is the active panel, shows nothing about the failures, engine serial number, hours of use, anything. Only appears an error message reporting communication error.

communications

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perrella View Post
    Pete,
    I tried plugging the BUDS but it does not communicate with the jet, the only thing he shows me is the active panel, shows nothing about the failures, engine serial number, hours of use, anything. Only appears an error message reporting communication error.
    Sounds like buds only connected to the cluster. Try unplugging the ECU and plugging it back in. The plug can be finicky sometimes with getting a good connection. If that does not work a pin in the ECU plug could have come loose and push out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dchanceafs View Post
    Sounds like buds only connected to the cluster. Try unplugging the ECU and plugging it back in. The plug can be finicky sometimes with getting a good connection. If that does not work a pin in the ECU plug could have come loose and push out.
    +1..twiwd..the ecu might be fried..or the cluster has gone into default mode..doesn't know what ski it's connected to..that I'm afraid is also a symptom of a bad ecu. If you have another ecu form a simialr model ski, plug it in and see if you get a response, if not work on the ecu connector. DO NOT try probing the connector with a meter..it's really easy to damage the connector in a way that's hard to find or fix. clean it, dry it look at it with a magnifying glass for the pin that has pushed out..even a mm or two is sometimes enough to cause a problem. Alos check with great care ALl of the system fuses. Check those with a meter, sometimes a failed fuse cannot be seen with the bare eye.

Again, if the ski has sunk at any time..the ecu may have taken water..and finally failed..when they get water, it sometimes takes a few hours or days to fail. I've had two do this..very frustrating to deal with. One ski had sunk, it ws on the way to recovery when the engine stalled and when restarted..the cluster was out..like yours the ski ran fine..but had no display. That ski needed to have the ecu replaced/reflashed.

good luck!

Unhappy

I checked the plug from the ECU and there is no pin out of place and visually fuses seem ok. The panel of this jet has been replaced one year ago. I checked the console connector or switch and your cables had already scrambled, there is a weld or seam in the wire. Because only after I disconnect the battery and cables these problems came up?

+1

sometimes...

when the battery is disconnected or reconnected with the DESS key installed you can spike the system. As I've mentioned, it looks like the 2005/6 ecu are more sensitive to this and can fail. At this point I would plug another ecu in there and see if buds can communicate with it. Some folks here have some ecu's for sale..just has to be the same part number to assure little or no trouble with the setup. another option is a new riva racing ecu..but those cost much more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information