Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Read this crock of $hit about PWCs....

http://www.ecowatercraft.com/Why_Electric.html

Environmental Impact - In 1998 it was reported that a seven hour ride on a 2 stroke Jet Ski kicks out more pollution than an old model car driving 100,000 miles. Jet skis are one of the top pollutants to water in the United States. It was estimated in 2001 that air pollution from Jet skis imposes at least 240 million dollars a year in healthcare costs to Americans. The ECO will produce absolutely zero emissions. No more gasoline expelled into the water or toxic fumes making swimmers nauseous.

That doens't even make sense! jetskis are top poluttant to water in the whole US?
    240 Million in health damage annually just from jetskis?

this company really knows how to appeal to their target market.

+1
    Whats really sad is that there are people that would read that and BELEIVE IT.

So a tiny 760cc engine pollutes the water and air more than coal power plants? Good to know....

On top of the fact that the post is basing this off of old 2 stoke engines, the newer model skis are way more efficient and pollute less.

Using an electric motor in a ski when even in cars it is subpar to combustion engines is laughable. Electric motors will make it heavier with all the batteries needed and you can't go as far...try making it to Bimini on that thing... Don't get me wrong, switching to alternative energy is a great thing but for a company to start comparing it to combustion skis is just silly.

brb, I'm going to fire up the ski in run it for a few hours...and its a 2 stroke

EDIT-
    I found this: "It can reach speeds of 50+ mph and range of up to 3 hours." 3 hours at 50+ MPH or 3 hours at a slower speed? How long can it last at 50+ MPH?

thats bullshit who would buy that hunk of shit and brink it back to the 90s the days of 50 mph lmao good luck selling that hey shibby im located in amityville u work at performance? thats the old jet tech no ? is dave still around and last ? do u have any 07 08 rxp215 with low hours forsale over there thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

That doens't even make sense! jetskis are top poluttant to water in the whole US?
    240 Million in health damage annually just from jetskis?

this company really knows how to appeal to their target market.

i wanna race one of them electric's----
    what happens on a cloudy day?? "simply wait for the sun to charge it"
    what happens when you flip it and the batteries get wet---can you say "ZAP"
    love the smell and sounds of two smokes----

?
    Last edited by monarchmt; 01-14-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: double post

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have sent the following message to Eco Watercraft;

The Why Electric? web page on your web site makes multiple claims and statements regarding the negative impacts of conventional PWC use.

Please provide references or links to support these claims and statements. Many of them seem exaggerated and difficult to accept at face value. Some seem to be derived from very old data, which may no longer be relevant.

The absence of footnotes, references or links to factual sources supporting these statements diminishes the believability of the positive claims made for the Eco watercraft.

The nature of current PWC product has changed significantly since the 1990s. New PWC with 2-stroke engines are now uncommon, and the proportion of old, high-emission 2-stroke PWC still on the water shrinks as time progresses.

I expect potential purchasers of an Eco watercraft would be comparing it to the purchase of a recent model year or even new conventional watercraft, not a decade or older used PWC.

How does the Eco watercraft compare with gasoline powered current production PWC of similar power?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have sent the following message to Eco Watercraft;

The Why Electric? web page on your web site makes multiple claims and statements regarding the negative impacts of conventional PWC use.

Please provide references or links to support these claims and statements. Many of them seem exaggerated and difficult to accept at face value. Some seem to be derived from very old data, which may no longer be relevant.

The absence of footnotes, references or links to factual sources supporting these statements diminishes the believability of the positive claims made for the Eco watercraft.

The nature of current PWC product has changed significantly since the 1990s. New PWC with 2-stroke engines are now uncommon, and the proportion of old, high-emission 2-stroke PWC still on the water shrinks as time progresses.

I expect potential purchasers of an Eco watercraft would be comparing it to the purchase of a recent model year or even new conventional watercraft, not a decade or older used PWC.

How does the Eco watercraft compare with gasoline powered current production PWC of similar power?
    Post your response if you get one. I'm dieing to see their answer lol. They haven't posted a YouTube video in a while. I wonder if they scraped the project.

are they owned by Blue Water? and made with expensive parts from West marine?...lol...

another tree hugger organization at best...

I see more 2 stroke outboards nowadays than 2 stroke watercraft...you know the boats people leave sitting in the water and you can see the puddle of gas and oil floating around the engine.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information