08 rxp 215 or 07 ultra 250? what ski is better and faster

hey im up in the air about what ski im buying i like the ultra cause its big but im gettin a deal on an 08 rxp with 20 hours on it that was lake ridin for 6000 i cant get the ultra for around same price but older and 60 hours im so confused some one help me please lol i dont wanna make a mistake like my last money pit (01 ultra 150) thanks guys any info will help

+1
    Well thats any easy answer...Go Seadoo all the way. Upgrades are very readily available and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Just make sure with any ski that you do your home work and find out the specifics about each one. 20 hours is low for an 08 and the price seems good. Just make sure it was maintained properly depending on where it is stored during the winter. Plus make sure its atleast a 215hp or dont even bother.

Depends on what you ride. The Ultra is king of the chop, so it works great for offshore. It is a gas guzzler though. The RXP is great for speed, and there is a ton of mods out there for it. I love my RXP around my lake, but when I go out into big water it beats me up. The Ultra has some gas in oil problems, but I don't recall what years that was an issue with. Just search GIO Ultra and I am sure a bunch of info will come up. If you go the RXP route, make sure it is an 08 or later. They have the better the superchargers. I wouldn't let the difference in hours between the two you mentioned be the deciding factor.

i live on long island and the bay can get a lil choppy nothing that crazy and i dont really ocean ride and is the riva stage 1 kit an easy install or i need if done by a pro223]Depends on what you ride. The Ultra is king of the chop, so it works great for offshore. It is a gas guzzler though. The RXP is great for speed, and there is a ton of mods out there for it. I love my RXP around my lake, but when I go out into big water it beats me up. The Ultra has some gas in oil problems, but I don't recall what years that was an issue with. Just search GIO Ultra and I am sure a bunch of info will come up. If you go the RXP route, make sure it is an 08 or later. They have the better the superchargers. I wouldn't let the difference in hours between the two you mentioned be the deciding factor.[/QUOTE]

it would be easier to deal with the clutch issues and maintanence of the seadoo than dealing with the pump/cracked head/cracked piston/SC belts and possibly a damaged crank from said pump issues and yes the GIO as well of the kawasaki Ultra250 even at low hours...and the crappy loose steering...

all of that has been addressed in the forum, it`s a matter of what you want to spend your time repairing!

between the 2, Seadoo hands down... go over the hull entirely. I`m not sure what years are prone to delam...

like anything else, there are good years and bad years for both and 2007 was bad year for 250x...

+1
    In 08, Seadoo upgraded the oiling system to the supoerchargers. They are pretty reliable

The Riva stage 1 kit install is fairly easy depending on your mechanical knowedge. The only "Special" tool you'll need is a prop wrench. The rest is sone with some fairly simple hand tools.

IMO, it's Seadoo hands down. I rode a Kawi last year, and was not inpressed. It was a little like driving a bus for me, but to each-is-own.

If you consider that there is a 10 hour break in on the seadoo, you're looking at a pretty brand new ski.

Pauly C.

+1
    SEA DOO

+1
    The only thing I will add is to consider if you ride alone, or you and a mate. Any more than that and you need a couch, but, if you don't plan on pulling the family around on a tube, then stick w/the SeaDoo.

Stage 1 is easy, but I don't suggest doing it. I had a Stage 1, and I think some of the money is a waste. I ended up swapping the air and sending my prop out to get tweaked anyway. If I could do it again...Fizzle air, Fizzle catch can, Riva grate and a free flow for better sound. Forget the Riva 3", you are paying more for less performance. I am not convinced the wedge is all that spectacular either. I would do those four things, then talk to SpeedFreeks and see if they suggest a new prop or tweak the stocker.

+1
    Do the DOO!!!! No questions. Parts are reasonable. Easy to work on. Plenty of support pretty much anywhere you go. I personally like the way it handles as compared to the 250x. Tighter and better response IMO. However the 250 is good for chop or offshore riding. I would rather ride a SeaDoo any day over the competition. To each his own though. I feel partial to an RXP maybe because I have three. I just like the ease of upgrades, better parts, and parts selections available. The SC is easier to remove and maintain as well as general maintenance is much easier and less complicated I feel. I've worked on both and this is my personal opinion. FWIW!!

Thread Information