Any good Hudson riding north of Troy?

I am snowed in and trying to keep myself amused by planning pwc and motorcycle trips. That being said, can you ride the Hudson above troy, or is it a real PITA?

+1
    Hey Dave, long time... no hear.
    North of Troy is the split.
    -The Hudson runs North to three locks within 10miles. PIA
    -The Mohawk runs West. After lock 6 there is a lock 15 miles away.
    Locks Suck!

Is 200 miles RT from Newburgh not enough for you?

You can ride north of Troy, but I doubt you would want to; 5mph. limit and it is a inforced. If you really want to go for a spin, start at the GW bridge, and see if you can make it to Troy and back in one day. I've done the ride from Newburgh to Troy and back in one day. It was a LONG day but worth it.

Thanks guys.. I don't think I would mind the locks (because that's something I don't normally do), but the 5 mph is the killer. I've also got a post looking into a ride in the pittsburgh area on pwctoday.com. Maybe that will turn out to be a 2011 trip.

Erin, Last year I didn't do any Hudson "group" rides, but I was out there once or twice with the kids. My daughter turned 16, so she can finally ride (legally), and I also got a new motorcycle, so that has taken away from the jetski, but I do miss it and will be back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    I've done the ride from Newburgh to Troy and back in one day. It was a LONG day but worth it.
    We've been on at least two rides together .... I think one around NYC starting in Yonkers, one around NYC starting in Newburgh and one Newburgh to Troy and back. I am sure we'll see each other again this summer.

Dave

1st ride of the season is only a few months away.

Ive never heard of the 5mph limit north of Troy. Being I live on the Hudson, I would have thought I would have heard something of that by now. Maybe there are some no wake zones near Albany/Troy but I havent seen anything up here. Also dont see many water cops up past those cities as well.

I stand corrected. North of Troy in the canal system there are several no wake zones. There are also posted speed limits along the way. I've posted a map/link that will show speed limits north of Troy.

New York State Canals: Maps: Champlain

Thread Information