+1

951 mod for offshore

Hi I have a 951 xpl with group k sleeper kit, I have the solas 15/20 and a worx sponson I have also a worx,rd and the stock grate intake ran around 64,65 mph,Im looking to improve a little more you think with a rd plate or a weldge pump I can gain some extra mph or not thanks for the help

+1
    keep the stock grate and plate. anything else will slow you down. what rpms are you running? refresh my memory on whats involved with a GK sleeper kit again.

+1
    Im running 7000 rpm maybe 7050 the kit use the same carburetor but they do rejeting,also use the stock air intake,they work in the head but is kind of secret what they do,then add like two water bypass in the head and the solas 15/20,you can check in the web site groupk.com,they have the whole modification steps there, I see a big diferent with the stock,my idea was to get a four stroke for the mark hahn race en february ,but I can not find anything in my budget so Im goin to race with my old xpl,I think maybe is the oldest in the race but I dont care we goin to do the best we can,also I no have a class to race so they put me with the four stroke natural aspired,so thats is the idea thanks for your help.-

+1
    If you're going to race the xpl in the hahn I would bring the worx & stock intake grates just in case it's choppy you run the worx, flat run the OEM grate. Leave the plate alone, the wedge will just frustrate you in the chop. Where do you live? Havasu is like 450ft above sea level so if you're higher than that you will gain about 100 rpm and 1 mph so do some plug chops when you get there. I'm at 1500 ft and I gained almost 200 rpm on my 4 stroke.

+1
    I live in san diego ca thanks for the advise,also I have the magnum pump 14 veins,I put in last year and I see the same performance so I dont know If I need to use the solas 15/20 or use the m.pump,I sending the solas to impros for repitch just in case,thanks again.-

+1
    Find a 97 XP ride plate it's good for some speed. Plus take the time to true the plate. 97 are wavy. Is the mag pump a set back?

+1
    no is the regular model I think has 17/24 impeller?,but I not noticed lees top speed,yes more holeshot.

+1
    I personaly like the mag pump over the stock, but I've allways ran set back pumps. I run a 16/23 swirl. Have tried a 15/21 concord but ski seems to like the swirl the best.

Thread Information