Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    deepwest563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    78
    +1
    9

    Who agrees with was the "pros" at R-Rated told me?? Upgrading my (all stock) 260X

    Ok so I did some searching and only half of my questions were answered. I have my 2010 260X here, and it all from the factory. I contacted R-Rated for some advice on which products to use for RECREATIONAL USE, and which products are a "waste of time and money". This is what they told me:

    Very sorry for not getting back to you . Our shop has been closed for a couple days till the snow was plowed out of the way ! There is no reason to add a fuel controller unless you are also running a bigger supercharger pulley ( it will only slow you down ) your already running rich afr . First off you will want to start with a ride plate and if your in a lake and not ocean racing you will need a trim ring also . Those two mods will get you a consistent 3-4 mph gain and not tamper with the engine . The stock air intake has no filter in it and will slow you down if you add a riva air intake . you can also do the riva water box and free flow exhaust only adds about 1 mph but also acceleration and mid range ( and sounds cool ) . after that the only way to get faster is adding more power , like a pulley and adjustable fuel pressure but then the reliability will start fading away , leaking exhaust gaskets , blown head gasket , more gas in oil , and crank problems . These are some things they band-aided up on the 300X . In 2 months we might be trying ECU programs that might be good for a few MPH . We should have that in fo up on our web site after testing . Thanks for asking .


    Who agrees with this and why. All I am looking to do is give it a little more balls. I will pretty much do whatever to this thing within reason. Summers comming! Thanks in advance for all the feedback



  2. #2
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by deepwest563 View Post
    Ok so I did some searching and only half of my questions were answered. I have my 2010 260X here, and it all from the factory. I contacted R-Rated for some advice on which products to use for RECREATIONAL USE, and which products are a "waste of time and money". This is what they told me:

    Very sorry for not getting back to you . Our shop has been closed for a couple days till the snow was plowed out of the way ! There is no reason to add a fuel controller unless you are also running a bigger supercharger pulley ( it will only slow you down ) your already running rich afr . First off you will want to start with a ride plate and if your in a lake and not ocean racing you will need a trim ring also . Those two mods will get you a consistent 3-4 mph gain and not tamper with the engine . The stock air intake has no filter in it and will slow you down if you add a riva air intake . you can also do the riva water box and free flow exhaust only adds about 1 mph but also acceleration and mid range ( and sounds cool ) . after that the only way to get faster is adding more power , like a pulley and adjustable fuel pressure but then the reliability will start fading away , leaking exhaust gaskets , blown head gasket , more gas in oil , and crank problems . These are some things they band-aided up on the 300X . In 2 months we might be trying ECU programs that might be good for a few MPH . We should have that in fo up on our web site after testing . Thanks for asking .


    Who agrees with this and why. All I am looking to do is give it a little more balls. I will pretty much do whatever to this thing within reason. Summers comming! Thanks in advance for all the feedback

    I agree with 95%, we have proven these mods on our race boat as well. I do not agree with the comment the 300x is a bandaid version of the 250/260, tsk tsk r&d.

  3. #3
    Offshore Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South East Australia
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    I agree with 95%, we have proven these mods on our race boat as well. I do not agree with the comment the 300x is a bandaid version of the 250/260, tsk tsk r&d.
    Yeah, agree likewise with JET250. R-Rated is a reputable company there opinions carry weight, however 300x being a bandaid version may refer in part to the fact that some peoples were expecting 2litres instead they fixed the 1500 existing. Although this is for great discussion lets not get too carried away with it all. 300x is not out and we really cannot argue about it.Yet!

  4. #4
    Offsshore Aussie is right. 300x is not out yet so anything said here is pure speculation only. Since 2007 the cheapest / easiest way to get more speed on this boat is bolting on a different rideplate. If you live in Davenport IA you are rite next to the biggesr river in the USA so maybe a diff rideplate a good way to go for you. And I do agree with digging into the engine on these things; reliability could become an issue. If you are just a recreational rider, I would think there are already enough ponies under the seat for you.

  5. #5
    Moderator DrewNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Marlton, NJ
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    1
    Rudy/R-Rated is good peeps. Rudy is very familiar with the 250/260 boats. He will not steer you in the wrong direction with your 260.
    I agree with what he's saying about the 250/260.

  6. #6
    jet ski o'clock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bayville n.j.
    Posts
    161
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Rudy/R-Rated is good peeps. Rudy is very familiar with the 250/260 boats. He will not steer you in the wrong direction with your 260.
    I agree with what he's saying about the 250/260.
    +1

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    89
    That is what I did. Ride plate, 1 degree wedge, sponsons, waterbox, J pipe... Couldn't be happier.

    Planning just to add an intake grate later.

  8. #8
    the wotman likes boobs wotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,069
    +1
    48
    +1

  9. #9
    deepwest563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    78
    +1
    9
    Thanks to all for the replies. It isn't that I have any second guesses about a professional opinion, its just that this is my first 4 stroke, and I bought it new with a warranty. And I have never upgraded any of my past boats like this. I didn't want to just run with the first opinion that I got, which is why I started this thread. One thing that I did not understand is the thing about the STOCK air intake system being better than the aftermarket K&N/RIVA upgrade. It didn't make sense to me that the aftermarket Riva air intake system would " slow me down". I thought that if I added the R&D POWERSHOT AND the Riva intake system, I'd be adding some more balls. Because, if you add more gas, you should add more air (or so thats how it works on a car). Can I get some opinions on this?

    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Offsshore Aussie is right. 300x is not out yet so anything said here is pure speculation only. Since 2007 the cheapest / easiest way to get more speed on this boat is bolting on a different rideplate. If you live in Davenport IA you are rite next to the biggesr river in the USA so maybe a diff rideplate a good way to go for you. And I do agree with digging into the engine on these things; reliability could become an issue. If you are just a recreational rider, I would think there are already enough ponies under the seat for you.
    You're right! MOST of my riding will be on the Mississippi River, which is walking distance from my house. But this year, we are going to check out Coralville Lake by Iowa City and Lake Mich in Chicago. I don't think that I want to get into the engine too much. Maybe after my warranty is up, but I bought this thing new and I'm not ready to break it yet lol. I'm probably going to use the R&D rideplate, plus the rest of the advice that I got from R-Rated

  10. #10
    SCSFAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ANKENY ,IA
    Posts
    112
    +1
    2
    When I bought my 07 250 I was dismayed that my stock Seadoo RXT would consistently out run it. GPS numbers were in the 64-66 MPH range. After a Riva ride plate and exhaust, timing mod and wedge, the number bumped up to 69-71 MPH range. I now have a very pleasant to ride ski that out runs 95% of the challengers on the lake and is not a high maintenance machine. Spent around $600 and am now very happy with the machine. Also have an Impro pump shaft because as a Kawasaki Tech I have seen what happens when the pump bearings fail and the motors are ruined by end thrust on the crank. Lucky for you the 2010's have the three bearing pump shaft.
    When all this snow melts we'll have to meet at Coralville or Red Rock Lake......Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 03:04 PM
  2. who was the pwc shipping guy???
    By rapidacceleration in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM
  4. Now Equipped with the CanDoo-Pro Diagnostic System
    By Joe Stang in forum Northeast
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
  5. What happened to the quotes?
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •