Thread: IDER GEAR

+1

Idler gear

Hi all, happy new year to all and all that. does any one have an idler gear they would like to sell. jerry is trying to find me one but they appear to be on back order. i finally have my new clutch but cant rebuild without the gear.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    Hi all, happy new year to all and all that. does any one have an idler gear they would like to sell. jerry is trying to find me one but they appear to be on back order. i finally have my new clutch but cant rebuild without the gear.
    you definetly want to use the "new and improved" idler gear. i would hope that you are going to have it lightened and balanced by r&d!
    your new clutch , is that a 2010 or a 2011 clutch?

+1
    2010. the 2011 i fitted is what took the teeth off my idler. are these new gears available.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    2010. the 2011 i fitted is what took the teeth off my idler. are these new gears available.
    ouch......
    my clutch took a dump in mid november. and when we took the clutch out the idler gear bearing and shaft was all worn out. so they told me it would be 3 months for a new one. i got it in early december and had r&d to there magic to it.
    and i will be sticking with the 2010 clutch as long as they are available. the greenhulk store is the only place i have seen them available.
    the new idler gear is redesigned with bushings instead of roller bearings. which gives you consant contact with the shaft. and the shaft is made out of a different "hopefully better" metal
    in my signature is a pic of the new gear after being modded from r&d. and next to it is the original idler gear.
    r&d might be able to get the idler gear and mod it. i never asked them if they had them on hand.

+1
    THIS IS A BIG THANKS TO KAMIKAZI GPR. HE FOUND A NEW ONE AT A DEALER. i have hopefully bought it just awaiting postage. this is what the forum is all about. i too would be waiting months if i did not have the help and support of jerry and all the members so big thanks to all.

Thread Information