Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

FZR Stage II+ Problems.

Hey everyone. Went out today and had a really bad vibration from the ski that I never had before. I changed to a Powercooler and to a 160mm prop. I was unable to get any top speed numbers because the sea was way too rough. I read AntiguanFZR was getting a vibration from his E1 wheel and I'm thinking it is, this but before I installed the parts it never vibrated.

Also when trailering the ski I got a check engine while the ski refuse to start, waited about 10 seconds and put on the ski and it worked fine. When I went home and I was flushing the ski I think I was getting and over heat warning but it was way too dark to see what was on the screen. But it was two beeps then a solid beep. Took off the aki waited for about 10 seconds then it started fine again with no warning light.

Now I know this may be hard to figure out over the www but can I atleast get some suggestions on what it could be. Thank you.

+1
    First of all, the warning light will be from the ski on the hose. I use to get it when I first installed my powercooler. The way around it is get a water pump and connect it to you tap. this will make the flow of water much higher to keep the temps down. This fixed my problem.

With the viberation , does it come in at a certain rpm range then go away? where does it come from front or back of the ski? I'm guessing its your 160mm and prop. what spec's are you prop?

+1
    You will not feel any vibrations through the ski from the install of a performance supercharger impeller so you can rule that out.

Did you unplug any sensors when doing the work on your ski? If so it's possible that one of the connectors did not snap together properly and came unplugged while riding the ski. This could have cause the engine to run rough or studder causing a "vibration" feeling.

+1
    re beeps...could it be low fuel warning,ive never had mine low so have no idea what the beeps are for it ! just a thought as i know its not water temp as i get that one flushing the ski on hose

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    First of all, the warning light will be from the ski on the hose. I use to get it when I first installed my powercooler. The way around it is get a water pump and connect it to you tap. this will make the flow of water much higher to keep the temps down. This fixed my problem.

With the viberation , does it come in at a certain rpm range then go away? where does it come from front or back of the ski? I'm guessing its your 160mm and prop. what spec's are you prop?
    Well I do have two separate hose from two separate taps. One to the I/C and the other to the engine. Do still think I need a pump because I get good water pressure on both.

I'm running a skat 15/23 with a Riva stainless steel wear ring. The vibration comes on at 3000+ RPM's and it comes from under me, more in the front to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will not feel any vibrations through the ski from the install of a performance supercharger impeller so you can rule that out.

Did you unplug any sensors when doing the work on your ski? If so it's possible that one of the connectors did not snap together properly and came unplugged while riding the ski. This could have cause the engine to run rough or studder causing a "vibration" feeling.
    Well Jerry you've got me thinking. When I sent my ski to the mechanic the boost clamp was working. When I got it back he said that the boost clamp wasn't working. When I plug in the boost clamp it idles rough and then just cuts off. When the boost clamp was off I noticed the map sensor housing was broken. I called the mechanic and he said that was no problem.

Could it be that my map sensor is broken and this is why I'm getting a vibration and could it be also that the boost calmp is working but it's just the map sensor is not working ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    re beeps...could it be low fuel warning,ive never had mine low so have no idea what the beeps are for it ! just a thought as i know its not water temp as i get that one flushing the ski on hose
    No it can't be gas filled up before I went to the bay.

Thanks for the help everyone.

+1
    I still had good water pressure. I do the same as you with a Y piece. I increased the water flow from the tap and never had the problem after. Up to you. It worked for me.

+1
    Waterholics, you sure you not feeling the vibration from Club Zen?
    My vibration is still there, according to others on this forum its related to the BOV releasing/closing off all the boost from the E1. Check if it goes away above 5KRPMS. My Compression #s are a little off so my next project is to re-shim & re-seat the valves.
    Do you have a Riva cooling kit? Make sure the strainer is not in backwards and causing the overheat, otherwise maybe your water pressure from the hose is too low.

Let us know your findings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    I still had good water pressure. I do the same as you with a Y piece. I increased the water flow from the tap and never had the problem after. Up to you. It worked for me.
    Will definitely install a pump. Thanks Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    Waterholics, you sure you not feeling the vibration from Club Zen?
    My vibration is still there, according to others on this forum its related to the BOV releasing/closing off all the boost from the E1. Check if it goes away above 5KRPMS. My Compression #s are a little off so my next project is to re-shim & re-seat the valves.
    Do you have a Riva cooling kit? Make sure the strainer is not in backwards and causing the overheat, otherwise maybe your water pressure from the hose is too low.

Let us know your findings.
    Lol na club zen is about 45 miles from me so I highly dought it's that.
    Before when I had the BOV on the stock I/C it used to be able to move around. Do you think maybe because the powercooler has it on a sturdy mount that the vibrations have no where to go. IDK I'm just thinking out loud here. At WOT I didn't feel any vibrations though. Just went back and checked all my sensors and all are connected properly. IDK could be the BOV. Is there anyway to check and see if the strainer is in back to front without pulling the pump ?

+1
    What mods were done prior to this new vibration? You have to pull the pump to check the strainer, do you wrench on your ski?

+1
    the BOV from the IC is probably rubbing/bouncing off the hull...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information