Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Amsoil In A New Sea-Doo

I just purchased a new Wake Pro 215, and am looking into having Amsoil put in the engine instead of BRP OEM. Does anyone have any experience or advice (what type/grade would one recommend)? I have heard that synthetic is not a good oil type for these Rotax engines.

+1
    BRP do not recommend using synthetic oil in there s/c motors. This is due to the fact that most synthetic oils contain friction modifiers that will cause the s/c clutches to slip. Now having said that, JASO MA/MA2 syn oils do not contain these additives and are fine to use in your engine. Stick with a 10w40. Many people (myself included) use amsoil 10w40. I have for over 60 hours with no issues at all. Many others use mobil1, royal purple or similar.

Hope this helps.

Running ANY full synthetic in is not a good idea with any of the newer Sea-Doo models. I have had Amsoil in many other PWC brands, I was sponsored by them for the last two years. Had to cancel it this year because they don't recommend it and neither does the OEM. Stick with the Sea-Doo brand oil. I love there products and work great in other toys I have, but not in my 2010 RXTX...just my .2 cents worth...and I work for BRP.

Ran great in my 04 Honda R12X

http://www.ijsba.com/ijsba/index.cfm.../misc/0184.htm

as long as you run the WFC oil, it'll be fine:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135233

+1
    Amsoil states their marine oil is okay in the 4tec. I run it now and had no issues last year in my 06 RXT. Will run it again. Many threads on this on the forum.

+1
    Yea I have run Amsoil in mine for the last 4 years and never a problem.

i have over 200 hours on my ski using amsoil with no trouble at all

No offensive...but you guys are just using yours on the weekend for some "riding around". When racing the boat 99% of the time, it is a different story. Like I said, AMSOIL would not let me put any sticker on the RXTX. It is not just Amsoil, but any FULL synthetic is not recommenced. Before I was sponsored by them, I ran Mobil One in everything. When racing at constant high speeds and temps...the supercharger WILL slip. I still have it in my ATV, Truck, Bike, and the Sabor in all 2 stokes...just not my new race boat. I will still run it in my Honda R12X and the Yamaha XL800.

so you're saying that the TSB that amsoil put out is a complete lie? they state that the WFC has no friction modifiers and works better for the supercharger clutch than the XP-S oil. i know none of the other oils are recommended, but they specifically state that the WFC is better than BRP oil. i know i would certainly appreciate if you can use whatever connections you have with amsoil to get to the bottom of this, since if they are lying in their TSB, i'll be pulling all amsoil products out of all my machines, which include my truck, ATV, and ski.

+1
    ok your talking about racing which only maybe 2% of the people on this forum do, leaving the other 98% as rec riders. Then by your statement Amsoil is fine to use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information