Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Running at WOT

Running at WOT

I was just wondering if anyone here runs at WOT most of the time? In the manual it says don't hold it at WOT for more than 30 seconds. What could happen if you were to go WOT for like 10 minutes? What is bad about running WOT continuously.

I only use WOT in short bursts but mainly cruise at 5,500 RPM.

Thanks

+1
    these engines a bullet proof hold it for 10mins no issue we have a race here in Sydney that runs for 25mins WOT in flat water in a river and you don t let off at all we do this twice a year same skis been running for years with a rebuild and soem very high performance engines you will be fine.

+1
    I'd be surprised if the manual said that. The only thing they do say is don't do full throttle pulls for more than 15 seconds, when you are done "flushing" your ski, on the trailer, and have turned off the water hose to clear the water out. You should not run the ski long if there is no water flow (either on in the water or on the flushing hose).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    I'd be surprised if the manual said that.
    +1, - Maybe during the initial break in period, otherwise I would like to see that in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    I'd be surprised if the manual said that. The only thing they do say is don't do full throttle pulls for more than 15 seconds, when you are done "flushing" your ski, on the trailer, and have turned off the water hose to clear the water out. You should not run the ski long if there is no water flow (either on in the water or on the flushing hose).
    FZR manual says dont go above 4000rpm when your done flushing the ski I thought??????

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    I don't think I ever read anything about not running at full throttle for a long period of time. Although, ive done maybe at most 30 seconds lol.

+1
    I was just talking to Glen at R&D about their FZR ECU updates. He says that when they test things, they start with a full tank of fuel and run WOT until they run out of fuel. So hopefully that answers your question?

When you "clear out" your exhaust, after you have shut off the flush hose, you are supposed to blip the throttle several times. You are not supposed to hold it WOT for 15 seconds, but to blip it several times for 15 seconds. It is likely that it will a few revs up to 7000+ rpms.

Ok thanks everyone, I'll get the manual out soon and have another look, I spose the downside to running at WOT is accelerated wear and fuel consumption.

+1
    I only have vx models, but we have ran down teh colorado river below hoover dam at WOT for 30 minutes straight a few times and no issues, now over 300 hours on them

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information