Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Meddle East
    Posts
    66

    RXTX 260 for Stock class race

    Please could you tell me if i what to run the RXTX 260 75-77 mph for stock class race I believe that will be by tuning... so please any one have super setup for this ski....

    Regards

    Nawaf M


  2. #2
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by nmalfarhan View Post
    Please could you tell me if i what to run the RXTX 260 75-77 mph for stock class race I believe that will be by tuning... so please any one have super setup for this ski....

    Regards

    Nawaf M
    Autronics with stock class mapping from Les. Open loop, 4" air intake.

    You could run a re-mapped ECU which would be cheaper but Autronics will be faster in the chop.

    Get the prop perfect, Change out the intake grate. But for stock class and the S3 hull I think you will struggle to get those speeds 75 maybe but not 77. You have to consider trim settings, you cant have the hull high out the water for CC, it wont handle good enough.

    R88

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Meddle East
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Autronics with stock class mapping from Les. Open loop, 4" air intake.

    You could run a re-mapped ECU which would be cheaper but Autronics will be faster in the chop.

    Get the prop perfect, Change out the intake grate. But for stock class and the S3 hull I think you will struggle to get those speeds 75 maybe but not 77. You have to consider trim settings, you cant have the hull high out the water for CC, it wont handle good enough.

    R88
    So is the max 75 and what is the problem for enough handle!!!! coz the trim ??

  4. #4
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by nmalfarhan View Post
    So is the max 75 and what is the problem for enough handle!!!! coz the trim ??
    If you want very high top speed for any given setup you need to lift the hull as high out of the water as possible so that as little hull is in the water as possible. Less Drag!!

    This is not good for handling, which is very important in racing, if it doenst handle well and predictably you will never be able to ride it hard and fast on a course.

    I would normaly use a neutral trim or 1 click down.

    R88

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Meddle East
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    If you want very high top speed for any given setup you need to lift the hull as high out of the water as possible so that as little hull is in the water as possible. Less Drag!!

    This is not good for handling, which is very important in racing, if it doenst handle well and predictably you will never be able to ride it hard and fast on a course.

    I would normaly use a neutral trim or 1 click down.

    R88
    Yes I agrea with u but what do u thing about top speed & accalarition what is the Max for top speed

  6. #6
    I will be updating my 2010 RXTX 260 for running it in the stock class this year as well. I know it already has Sea-Doo's version of their racing intake grate, and have a buddy that is making some aggressive sponsons. I dumped all my money into buying the new boat for the year, so I really only have the cash for one major mod, and I think the best would be an new ECU. What is the best one that will give me that most bang for my buck? Think I might pick up Skat-Trax as another sponsor, had them last year. Should I just talk to Glen and see what mods he can do to still keep it Stock? Thanks

  7. #7
    abie_lah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
    Posts
    264
    im already finish setup my rxtx 260 to stock class,, get 75 mph 8300rpm,, use remap ecu from les cook,,

  8. #8
    Thanks...anyone have a link for the les cook ECU?

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingDiablo666 View Post
    Thanks...anyone have a link for the les cook ECU?
    Yes, it's right here in the store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1655

    Thank you
    Jerry

  10. #10
    abie_lah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
    Posts
    264
    les cook link??? im already send email for him in 1 weeks,, but not respond,, anyone can solve my prob???
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingDiablo666 View Post
    Thanks...anyone have a link for the les cook ECU?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXT Offshore for Stock Class
    By ceasar in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
  2. 03 stxr stock class race boat
    By beachboy66 in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
  3. 250x good stock class race boat?
    By r103 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 07:21 PM
  4. stock class racing in PA
    By codymouse54321 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
  5. Stock Class Racing ECU
    By texas swede in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2006, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •