Foamy oil/coolant mix in hull.

20 hours after an engine out oil pumps rebuild my 07 RXT has a lot of yellow foamy oil/coolant mix in the hull after a big and lots of WOT ride. Since the rebuild the ski has always had a little oil and coolant in the bottom of the hull, however after this latest ride this mix has turned into the horrible foamy mess. A check on the dipstick shows absoloutely clean oil. Coolant bottle shows clean coolant. I think that maybe the oil seals between the oil and water pump may be the culprit, but I have no idea where this mix is actually leaking from. Educated guesses and knowledgeable guru info most welcome.
    Cheers.

+1
    First guess woould be the gasket between the pto cover and engine block. That has both coolant and oil passing through passages there. Could also be that water pump seal. It seems that pressurized oil is being forced into the cooling system so your head gasket i would suspect least likely since there is no coolant in the oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    20 hours after an engine out oil pumps rebuild my 07 RXT has a lot of yellow foamy oil/coolant mix in the hull after a big and lots of WOT ride. Since the rebuild the ski has always had a little oil and coolant in the bottom of the hull, however after this latest ride this mix has turned into the horrible foamy mess. A check on the dipstick shows absoloutely clean oil. Coolant bottle shows clean coolant. I think that maybe the oil seals between the oil and water pump may be the culprit, but I have no idea where this mix is actually leaking from. Educated guesses and knowledgeable guru info most welcome.
    Cheers.
    are you losing a lot of coolant from the coolant tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    are you losing a lot of coolant from the coolant tank?
    No,...about a quarter of the tank in these last 20 hours and most of it in that last ride. What gives?
    Cheers.

After letting the ski sit for the last 5 days I have just found some oil leaking from the driveshaft area between the carbon seal and pto. Telltale oil (fresh) on the pump tunnel underneath the rubber boot where the shaft enters the pto. Put my finger under the shaft boot and I can feel and see oil from the second oteiker clamp (closest to carbon seal) I think I may have given everyone a bum steer on the coolant though. Can this leak combined with a few WOT runs make the oil go foam like with a thick consistency?? Both oteiker clamps appear tight over the rubber boot.
    Any info greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Chris.
    Last edited by Chris52; 01-20-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Bump,....sorry just edited last post instead of making a new one.

+1
    The bearing in the black boot connected to PTO can leak from oil squeezing between the bearing and hose. You can take the clamp of , take the bearing out and clean with brake clean and then apply some silicone and reinstall. MAke sure you get all the oil off the rubber boot !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sniper300 View Post
    The bearing in the black boot connected to PTO can leak from oil squeezing between the bearing and hose. You can take the clamp of , take the bearing out and clean with brake clean and then apply some silicone and reinstall. MAke sure you get all the oil off the rubber boot !!!!
    Thanks for that. Does the silicone go on the outside face of the bearing?
    Cheers
    Chris.
    (Nice Torana by the way)

Thread Information