04 rxp only reaches 7700 rpm

From what I have been reading the rxp is supposed to hit 8100rpm, im always really paranoid about the SC, being that i have almost 300 hours on my ski. i had the SC rebuilt about 70ish hours ago. it still reaches top speed, usually the speedometer says 69-71, sometimes ill see all the way up to 74, so realistically im probably hitting 69 tops, but i feel like the acceleration has slowed, im never sure if its for real, or if its just because i have become so accustomed to the ski. im sorry about the lack of info, but its the middle of winter here, and my ski is stored over an hour away and i cant really take a look at it. anyways, i was just curious to see if anyone had any ideas on this, whether it be normal or not, and any ideas on what problems could be laying in wait this spring.

+1
    might be the knock sensor. has your ski recently been hooked up to BUDS at the dealer?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...24&pagenumber=

+1
    Probably time for another s/c rebuild

up until winterization(im not even sure if they hook it up for that) it hasn't been hooked up since the last winterization (again i'm not sure if they do). So if not, it would be the last time i had the dealer change the oil, I started changing the oil myself a couple of years ago. so i guess i need to have the dealer change the oil and put the adapter on there if it isn't in the spring.

+1
    the dealership could've overfilled the oil. this is a common problem.

Sit down, Shut up, and hang on!!! Karl Jackson's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by droop1120 View Post
    up until winterization(im not even sure if they hook it up for that) it hasn't been hooked up since the last winterization (again i'm not sure if they do). So if not, it would be the last time i had the dealer change the oil, I started changing the oil myself a couple of years ago. so i guess i need to have the dealer change the oil and put the adapter on there if it isn't in the spring.
    Has it ever pulled above 7700??. I got caught with the knock sensor update, plugged the new cable from Jerry in and bang 8150 out of the box..

+1
    If interested in the Knock Sensor harness they can be found here. ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1543

Thread Information