Thread: my first jetski

my first jetski

I was wondering if some1 could guide me here on my first jet ski purchase. I was looking all over and I happen to like Yamaha better, but this is just by looks. I'm willing to spend up to 12000 on this purchase. Any input will be appreciated, please see below my information, I believe it will help on any tips:

A) House of 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids 17 and 15)
    B) Leaving in Florida
    C) looking for a cofortable with performance jet ski
    D) price target 9000 to 12000 (brand new unit)

PS: Please ask any question and I will answer

Thanks!

why buy new you can get a used ski for half that money.and still get a nice ski and probably gear and more.buy new and get raped if you wish.i wouldnt.!!!

+1
    definatly 3 seater.
    if your looking for economy go Honda.
    if you want flat out speed go Yamaha then Seadoo.
    if you want overall comfort go Kawasaki.

Make sure you test ride it's a must.

Glad you mentioned where you live because the water you ride in can help you decide the ski.

For example I rode every ski on the market and chose Kawasaki simply because it's always choppy and the Ultra handles that better than anything.
    The Seadoo I found you sat too high on the water, not so stable.
    The Yamaha I loved' only thing I was disapointed in was too many electronic gismose.

It's a very personal decission that's why if you can ride them all then take the time and do it.

My experiences show the Kawasaki Ultra 260 is the worste for economy, but has 200 litres of dry storage.
    The wife loves that.

Hopefully you wil get some more pro's and con's from other members.

Good luck.

+1
    $12k won't get you a new performance boat. The closest thing would a SeaDoo GTX 155 but that is by no means a performance watercraft the 215 supercharged version is $13,000.

The Yamaha FX cruiser HO is $12,600. So you have to adjust some factors here either:

1) Settle for an entry level boat

2) Spend more money

3) Look at 1 or 2 year old left over new models

4) Buy late model used.

Let us know what you decide.

Off topic, Wotman your avatar is hot lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    $12k won't get you a new performance boat. The closest thing would a SeaDoo GTX 155 but that is by no means a performance watercraft the 215 supercharged version is $13,000.

The Yamaha FX cruiser HO is $12,600. So you have to adjust some factors here either:

1) Settle for an entry level boat

2) Spend more money

3) Look at 1 or 2 year old left over new models

4) Buy late model used.

Let us know what you decide.

Off topic, Wotman your avatar is hot lol
    Thanks man I try to keep up with fashions. I think Ive done a good job!

+1
    You will get a lot more for your money if you buy a left over model. They are still new just not the current model year.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Yamaha FX HO!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandro View Post
    I was wondering if some1 could guide me here on my first jet ski purchase. I was looking all over and I happen to like Yamaha better, but this is just by looks. I'm willing to spend up to 12000 on this purchase. Any input will be appreciated, please see below my information, I believe it will help on any tips:

A) House of 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids 17 and 15)
    B) Leaving in Florida
    C) looking for a cofortable with performance jet ski
    D) price target 9000 to 12000 (brand new unit)

PS: Please ask any question and I will answer

Thanks!
    I notice the first thing you mentioned was your family.
    If you want your family involved, my suggestion for you is to buy two skis! It costs more in fuel, but for a family having two skis is really cool. Otherwise someone is always going to be sitting on the dock and that gets old really quick. We have always bought ours in pairs and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Listen, the first skis we bought were a pair of pre-owned 2003 Yamaha FX-140's. I picked up both of those 4 strokes and the trailer for 12,900.00 and that was in 2004; they only had about 75 hours on them and they were still under the extended warranty which I then had transferred into my name. I had to drive out of state for them but it was worth it. This is what I suggest for you to consider; get on pwc-traderonline.com and find a nice pair of pre-owned 4 stroke skis and just make sure you get a pair with that extended warranty (Yamaha calls it Y.E.S.) and you will be good to go. They might not be the fastest models on the water, but everyone will have fun. Our kids learned how to ride on these for about a year and a half, then we upgraded to faster models later. As I recall, we sold the FX-140's for $12,500; so it only cost me $400 plus fuel to ride them for 18 months.

If you don't see the family involved, and you really want a top performance model, then you should be able to easily pick up a brand new 2009-2010 left-over Yamaha FZ or FX series on a dealer's lot now for your price range. Figure around $10K for the ski, plus trailer and tax should put you right in your budget. You'll be getting a new ski with zero hours, but look for a dusty 2009-2010 model and you will save a lot. And don't forget to get that extended warranty before your first year is up. Hope this helps.

+1
    Man at those prices iam glad I have my 2005 RXP that I bought in early 2006 out the door for $8000!

Thread Information