Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Drag racing option

Ok here is some info that you guys may be interested in.

With the Hydrodrags in limbo and not looking promising for 2011 as I have not seen any info on a plan for a new launch pad or anyone willing to step up and build one and hold a event. This may be our chance to make PWC drag racing a true and long lasting event.

I am talking about the drag boat racing series here is what I know that has me a little excited ( John please correct any wrong info)

Drag boat racing has been around for a long time and has the backing to stay
    They are willing to give PWC racing a chance and I am not talking about just bracket racing (yes they will have bracket racing for PWC)

They are willing to hold 2 events this year to see how it goes the 1st event will be in Popular Bluff Missouri on May 21st and 22nd and the 2nd one will be in New athens illinois on september 10th and the 11th.

Here is the info as I understand it

Bracket racing is the same as it is now, race what you want from a 50 mph ski or 80 mph ski it is based on your ET and reaction time 1/4 mile distance.

Now the exciting part

They will have a SS and unlimited class if we show up with at least 8 boats in each class the tech rules will be the same as we normally follow for each class per APBA BUT the safety rules will be the power boat racing series rules (which is a good thing). We will use the same starting system and format as the boats and in these 2 classes the first boat to the finish line without red lighting wins PLUS they are willing to shorten the distance to 1000FT .

I know this type of racing is different than the Hydrodrags but I think it could be our best option now and in the future. We had over 30 boats combined in the SS and unlimited class at the HD and with the time, effort and money that we put into our boats for the last event I would think that several of you that raced and some that could not make it would love to have another chance at drag racing. I know Ron and I are planning on going to give this thing a chance. The entry fee will be 125.00 and the current plan is for trophys for 1st and 2nd with future plans for prize money if they see that the participation will be there.

What do you guys think and who is willing to show up and give this a chance

+1
    I think it sounds like a great idea. Would like a head up kind of race but could add a little more to the race. Distance is a little far for me but if there was one closer I would prolly want more information. Hope this goes through.

what about florida thats to far for us

+1
    Yeah that's a bit more of a hike for FLorida lol.

+1
    I know they do the jet boat racing here in hartford CT at the river front. I talk to a few people I work with and see if I can get any information on if they would allow pwc entries or something.

The race in Augusta, Ga is a Lucas Oil race. Distance is 1/4 mile with ET's. Might be able to get something like this going with 1000' and all. Would probably have to be the same way, need 6-8 skis to show up to make it happen. There are also races in Kentucky, check out www.lucasoildragboats.com/schedule for a race near you.

John, I could not remember what you said about the membership dues. Was SLDBA waving that to get this started?

+1
    Ok In sldba at the two events we will wave the club fee till we can work out the bugs Just wanting to work out the details. I want to get it started in the club then take it to Lucas to be put in the national events.I am working on prize money for the classes.

any questions pm me John

we're trying to arrange somenthing here in florida too so any question pm king of king

+1
    let's see if we can talk and something going for the betterment of all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information